I decided to treat my husband to a couple of days away over Thanksgiving. I had been ill during the summer and he took great care of me. I chose the Bavarian Inn because of its European emphasis and we were both very pleased with the choice. We stayed in one of the "Chalets" with a lovely view over the Potomac and a really spacious room to relax in.
We had a small problem with a leaky sink and it was taken care of as soon as I reported it. We ate in the Rathskellar and the main dining room, which were two different experiences with delicious meals and excellent wines. The staff were very personable and always helpful.
We are considering making this a Thanksgiving tradition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant