I have stayed at the Bavarian Inn twice but eaten there many times. I really like German food and I think they do a very nice job in their kitchen. The restaurant is a little old fashioned which I find charming. The Inn is as well but again, very charming. The setting on the Potomac River is superb. One can swim in their new infinity pool and hang off the edge watching the goldfinches and the kayaks go by. You can order food and adult beverages and relax by the pool for hours. Book early to get a room with a view or a quiet patio or balcony. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I live 90 minutes away but leave feeling like I have been on vacation in another country!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant