We had high hopes of a great relaxing weekend in Shepherdstoan WV. Driving down Friday and coming back on Monday as a nice break from work for both my wife and I. Friday April 4 we got word that my father had a serious medical emergency and we were concerned that we would not be able to go on the trip at all. Ultimately we contacted the Inn and defined our circumstances and the person at the desk was not only sympathetic but also ready to work with us to try to save our trip if possible or to work with us to reschedule. She was fantastic.
Once we understood where things were with my and knew that My brother would be coming up on Saturday the 5th for support we rescheduled to come down that Saturday. We got to the Bavarian Inn at noon on the 5th and had a very welcoming reception from all the staff we ended up in contact with from that point onward.
We had a very nice room that had a balcony which overlooked the Patomac River with a view of Maryland on the other side. We had a very nice lunch in one of the dining rooms and then went to watch a couple of Softball games at Shepherds University. Softball was one of our purposes of going to the Inn which is located across the street from Shepherds University complex.
The room was fantastic with a nice gas Fireplace and a whirlpool tub. plenty of room to sprawl out and relax when we were in. Because we did not arrive on Friday we did not have a regular dinner in the formal dining room but we had done that during a previous trip to this town. We had breakfast in the formal dining room twice and also enjoyed their version of Sunday Brunch which was fantastic.
We would highly recommend The Bavarian Inn to anyone looking for a quick getaway only an hour and 45 minutes from Harrisburg PA.
Once again we can not say enough about the quality of the Inn over-all and the staff was fantastic. WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant