It's a little strange to know you are in West Virginia yet feel like you are deep in the woods of Bavaria. I know a lot of Germans colonised the area, but this is a little surreal.
I was given a huge room, complete with balcony in the Danube building.
With the very comfortable, four poster king bed, huge armoire hiding the TV and fireplace it felt like a fairytale.
Huge bathroom with jacuzzi, shower and double sink. The toiletries were definitely take homes.
There's a work desk, free wifi, coffee maker and fridge.
It's right on the river which borders Maryland, so it's a perfect place to stay to visit Antietam Battlefield and surrounds.
Shepherdstown is a sweet little town and well worth an hour or two ambling and eating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant