The room was nice but a bit dated.... as I am sure the owners are aware of if. The owners were spending plenty of time in the bar as well so you just know it is that sort of place.
The food was OK appetizer wise but the rest was horrible. Yes I am a foodie but also a 20+ year military man. I can eat anything and am a very patient man service wise. It takes much for me to be actually appalled. I was appalled and everythng from room service to dinner was marginal.
But for a simple jumping off point to go do other things it is adequate. If I was tryiing to be super romantic I would pick elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant