If it has retained its four diamond rating, AAA needs to visit again. Given its location, prices seem a little silly. Room was spacious but a little rust here, & a little chipping paint there did little to impress. Liked the gas fireplace but you would think they could figure out how to better seal the door to the small balcony to keep the stink bugs (8 found) out of the room. My wife was not happy. Also as the whirlpool tub was filling with water she noticed dirt and hair sufficient to change her mind and take a shower. Speaking of water, the hot water became hot faster than any place I can recall. But it's hard water, and if they claim they have a water softener, it isn't functioning properly. Bed was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant