My husband and I booked a Garden View Luxury room and were very pleased. The furnishings are beautiful. Our room had a sitting area, gas fireplace and whirlpool bath. The private balcony had a view of the beautiful gardens and the Grey Stone Mansion where the restaurants are located. The food was excellent and the staff very courteous. We also appreciated the quiet , peaceful nature of the rooms. No loud noises, as can be found in some hotels. We were so impressed with our stay that we are already planning on returning next year for our 26th anniversary. Would highly recommend the Inn for anyone who enjoys luxury at its best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant