$135
QualityInn
Thomas Shepherd Inn(Shepherdstown)
$135
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Bavarian Inn(Shepherdstown)
$165
Quality Inn & Suites(Kearneysville)
$80
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry(Harpers Ferry)(Great Value!)
$111
$103
Quality Inn(Harpers Ferry)(Great Value!)
$88
$88
ComfortInn
$62
Hotels.com
All reviewsquaint towntwo sinksdecent stayan older hotelbasketball courtchecking inbed was very comfortablefridge and microwavecanal towpathparking lotharpers ferrytaverngymtriviatrail
Reviewed October 25, 2010

There's very little choice in Shepherdstown. So the Clarion is pretty much it. Each year it gets a little shabbier or more worn. The staff is very accomodating and friendly but there is little that they can do. The rooms are dated & dark, carpeting worn. Rooms have musty odor. Whoever is listening, please begin updating & overall

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2010

But here's why I'm writing this: If you look at the picture of the hotel, you may be able to see that there are parking spaces right up by the hotel on either side of the main entrance. The first few on each side are Handicapped spaces, but the rest, the ones closest to the hotel entrance are reserved for THE MANAGEMENT of the place.

I think that is hysterical. Make the guests schlepp, but HR, CFO, etc., right up front.

One other thing, i stayed at this Choice Hotel and another one near by recently and both have TV's that need reprogrammed in the rooms. You know how the cable company changes the channel line up sometimems and you have to reprogram the TV to find the new channels and delete the old ones? They haven't done it, so as you flip channels, you frequently get that loud harsh hiss from the empty channels.

But, the hotel is nice, my room was clean and neat. I was on first floor, but even so, no significant noise or bother. AND they have excellent beer on tap in the bar!

Cheers!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cmhmd
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in. As soon as I walked into the room, it stank like mildew and who knows what. The bathroom has mildew/mold all over the tiles, and had hair in the tub. There is dirt and who knows what all over the walls, and they definitely have an infestation of stink bugs - they are EVERYWHERE. I stayed here for a government training, and could not leave to go to another hotel. If I was paying on my own or had the option, I would have left the moment after walking into the room. It needs some serious updating, and an exterminator to come in and get rid of the stink bugs. I really don't understand how this hotel gets any good reviews - maybe people have not stayed in nice, clean hotels before. This place is DISGUSTING, stay away!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
ClarionShepherdstown, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. It is through this process that we are better able to serve our future guests. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We take great pride in our service (which I am glad to see that you rated favorably) and I hope that you brought these cleanliness issues to someones attention so that they could be addressed. We have just conducted a very large scale attack on these stink bugs with our pest control company and are already seeing great results. Again, I apologize that you had these issues and hope that you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

We have stayed here many times in the past. Was a great property but the management has neglected the up keep of the property. We occupied a suite. Tired rooms...no luggage racks...outdated tv's. Ordered four red wines in the bar. They were served in three different glasses...only one which was a proper red wine glass. Not a pleasant experience!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed at the Clarion with a toddler and infant. It was so nice to have a recreation center,swimming pool and restaurants all in a cozy complex. The staff members were very friendly and helpful to our unique needs. We highly recommend a visit to the Shepherdstown-Clarion, we hope to visit soon!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family