“Perfect weekend retreat”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Shepherdstown
Reviewed August 27, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much in this hotel. Large, clean and beautifully decorated room with every small detail included to accommodate our needs. The staff was over the top helpful with directions and even scheduling our in house massages with their therapist (EXCELLENT!). Their choices of in house restaurants was nice and food was very good! Well worth the rate and made for an excellent weekend get away for us!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 27, 2010

My trip to the Clarion Hotel in Shepherdstown was a much needed breath of fresh air! The amenities were excellent. The upgrade to the suite was definitely worth it! My friends and I ate dinner in the Rumsey Tavern and were very pleased with the quality of food, service and price. My friends and I chose Shepherdstown as a destination for a scrapbooking trip so we could have a quiet night, but also get out and stroll around the quaint town. I would highly recommend the Clarion to anyone looking for a place to stay in Shepherdstown!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2010

All encounters with staff were very positive. They were helpful and more important, very customer-friendly. The room was comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was clean and adequately stocked with toiletries. Everything worked which is always a plus. We only ate breakfast there, flat rate for cold breakfast and another for hot. A good bargain, especially considering that there are few places in town for a good breakfast. Pool area small but pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel was wonderful. The people at the desk were helpful and courteous. The rooms were large, clean and well decorated (I wanted to take the spread home with me). The beds were queen size and very comfortable. I had reserved 4 rooms for Saturday and they were all ready for a noon check-in which the front desk gladly let us do. Even though I did not have time to visit the pool, my son told me that it was a great pool and my grandsons enjoyed their time there. The lobby was beautiful and radiated a welcoming feeling. The only thing I can think of that I would like changed is free coffee in the lobby. My father had to pay $1.00 for a cup of coffee on Sunday morning because they had used their coffee in the room on Saturday. I am sure, however, that the front desk would have more than happy to bring them some more. However, most hotels we have stayed at have offered free coffee and tea in the lobby. Other than that small thing, I can't say enough about how great this hotel was for us.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at the Clarion in Shepherdstown W.V. the weekend of the Harpers Ferry Arts and Crafts Festival in July. The weekend was probably one of the most interesting we have had in a long time.
There was a terrible storm, a van took a pole down and the whole town was out of power. The staff at the hotel were just so friendly and very professional. They came up to our room and took us down the stairs by flash light. They offered whatever meals or snacks and drinks they could put together and we just had a great time. Eventually, the lights did come on that night and we continued to enjoy the rest of the evening in the Tavern.
Over all the staff and service were a 9 out of 10! Going back in September, can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I recently had the wonderful experience of staying in this hotel with my wife and two young children. The staff were so genuinely kind and truly sincere. Whether their kindness was a West Virginia trait mixed with hotel professionalism, I can only look back at my stay as being one of my best. The food was great and service was impeccable. The management really went above and beyond to ensure that our time at the Clarion was comfortable for my children, wife, as well as myself. Since our new additon to our family was born, this was the first time traveling with two young children and the staff even helped unload my car and bring it to my room. If you want a great hotel experience, definitely check out the Clarion in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Clarion with our two year old on the B&B package and it was just Great! The staff were all very nice and very professional; the hotel lobby is elegant and inviting, and the breakfast was fantastic. We really enjoyed visiting the downtown, the parks, and checking out the hiking trail around the hotel -- and then popping back to our room to relax. I'm looking forward to staying there again on our next weekend getaway.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdstown
Bavarian Inn
Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
9 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
Home2 Suites by Hilton Charles Town

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!