$110
Thomas Shepherd Inn(Shepherdstown)
$170
Quality Inn & Suites(Kearneysville)
$80
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry(Harpers Ferry)(Great Value!)
$121
$112
Quality Inn(Harpers Ferry)(Great Value!)
$88
$133
HIExpress.com
$88
$60
Bavarian Inn(Shepherdstown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstwo sinksquaint towndecent stayan older hotelbasketball courtchecking inbed was very comfortablefridge and microwavecanal towpathparking lotharpers ferrytaverngymtriviatrail
Reviewed May 14, 2012

If you are visiting Shepherdstown, WV this is a good location. The hotel is red brick and lacks the charm of local guest houses etc. It is attached to a Federal Government training center so a mainstay of business are government personnel.
The rooms are small and basic with loud air conditioning units. Not much charm in this hotel. However the staff are really nice and very helpful.
The hotel is set in the country side and you can walk into the village. There are also lots of sites within striking distance.
Good place to stay if you are being a tourist and don't want to spend too much time in your room

Room Tip: Face the front of the hotel to avoid the extraction fans from the roof of the restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Archietew
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I first stayed at this hotel in January and then again April 20-22 for a scrapbooking weekend. The hotel is quiet with plenty of parking. The rooms were clean, The bathrooms clean but a little dated. In general the hotel staff was friendly. The only spot of bother there was in the small dining room during Sunday brunch, where we waited for more then 30 minutes for coffee after asking several times from several different wait staff.Previously we had our meals in the large dining area and the servers were friendly and right there when you needed them. The food was very good which was a surprise, and the brunch was also very good with many selections. All in all I believe a good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GGWags
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel was wonderful. We had a beautiful room which was clean and comfortable. The staff was great. We ate in all the restaurants and enjoyed everyone of them. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MER47
Reviewed April 22, 2012

:for a relaxing weekend. The Clarion is a great value for offering a quiet and peaceful looking hotel on the opposite side of town of Shephard University. The double bed room was a good size for comfort and relaxing; the hotel was clean, plenty of parking; and the Clarion restaurant food was very good. Beds and pillows could use a update as I am spoiled with the Hampton Inn beds and pillows. However, I would stay there again and recommend you stay there when in Shepherdstown, WV

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bobby P
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Recently had to stay here for a business trip and left hoping I never have to stay there again. I am not someone easily "grossed out" by things, but this hotel left a lot to be desired in the cleanliness department. The windowsill in my room was covered in dead fruit flies and two of their larger cousins upon check-in. (By covered, I mean in the neighborhood of 25 - 30 dead fruit flies.) The carpet looked as if it has never been cleaned, and none of the people in my party (three of us in different rooms) felt comfortable even leaving our shoes on the floor. The behind the bed check (which I do in all hotels to look for signs of bed bugs and other critters) proved disheartening. No bed bugs (thankfully!) but obviously it had never been cleaned or dusted. I found an old bottle cap, a pony tail holder, a wrapper of some kind, and a lot of dust and hair. A coffee spill on the tile in the elevator remained for over 24 hours. The furniture is beat-up and the entire property is in need of a serious face lift. I know these seem like minor things to point out but I think that the sum total of the minor things speaks to the lack of care in the property. Additionally, I stay in hotels for business about 50% of the year, and I find that those properties that take the time to do the little things (i.e the things most guests won't notice like how clean under/behind the bed is) leave an overall better impression than those that do not.

On the positive side, the staff was friendly and the free internet worked quite well. While I did not eat in the on-site restaurat, I understand from a colleague there with me that the food in the Tavern was good - the food in the buffet style restaurant was not so good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business