“Great Food with an Incredible View!”
Review of Front Porch

Front Porch
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Seneca Rocks are a marvel all by themselves but to have fine food on a porch in full view of the sight cannot be beat. The turkey Reuben is one of the best I've had anywhere, it's THAT good! And their specialty is a lamb sandwich. The apple dumpling dessert was fresh and tasty!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

OK - remember that you are in the mountains of West Virginia! You should not be looking for 5 star cuisine! We had checked out tripadvisor before leaving on our overnight excursion, and I am glad that we had read about this place as our choice for our mid-way stop. Other reviewers are quite accurate about the view...it is spectacular! Lots of people stop here just to photograph the scenery, which you can enjoy while eating your lunch on their 2nd floor porch. I got a kick out of their place mats, which featured "definitions of mountain talk". Their menu is varied, and while no one in our group ordered the pizza, it was a popular choice at the other tables around us, and it smelled good! Folks at our table ordered pasta, chicken, lamb, and salad. Our server was friendly and prompt to bring our drinks and take our orders. The food was fresh and hot, even if it was not gourmet; served on plastic plates and bowls, it was tasty and well portioned. Everyone in our group was satisfied and cleaned their plates! I would stop here again when traveling through the area. This beats fast food by a mile!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant when I come down to West Virgina with my grandkids - even my favorite when I come down alone. The food is like home-cooked - nothing fancy, nothing gourmet, but it's perfect for family dining. My favorites are the lamb and spaghetti. My fussy grandkids gobbled up the deep fried zucchine and cauliflower - even though they had NEVER agreed to eat vegetables before. The prices are family-friendly, too, so if you're going to WV on a budget, this is a great place to go. The view, as everyone has mentioned, is breath-taking, as well. We're coming back down to Seneca Rocks in a month, and I'm sure we'll be eating here several times.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

thought we would try a 'down home' sort of place what with the beautiful view, weather and other amenities. But we were not rewarded with anything worth the money we spent. I had the burrito ... only one i ever had with fried and sliced chicken breast ... probably just thawed ... and a ketchupy sauce and right out of the can refried beans. Wife had a pulled pork sandwich, pulled from a can, and fresh from the Wonder bread bun.
Why wouldn't the owners make use of such an opportunity to serve fresh, home made food when they have such a diverse mix of guests from all over the world coming to this scenic spot.
Not on my list of return places and hope you don't fall down their stairs from the bad food.

2  Thank 42b
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Sat outside on the porch with a view of Senaca Rocks. Menu is small but everyone should be able to find something. Have heard service was slow and after a 5 hour motorcycle ride to get there, I was surprised at how quickly we were served. There were only 5 or 6 other parties there as it was very late for lunch (4:00pm) and too early for dinner. I look forward to returning, this time with my family.