“Definitely worth the view and food!”
Review of Front Porch

Front Porch
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I were driving to Seneca Rocks and was getting hungry, so we decided, after looking at places to eat, to try eating here! The food is absolutely delicious! We both decided to order one of the pizzas on the menu, and it is definitely homemade, crust and sauce and all! It was so yummy that we got so full and couldn't finish the whole thing, so we decided to take it back to our cabin to eat for later! After enjoying the beautiful and breathtaking views from the porch, we decided to go downstairs and check out the old gas station/store, known as Harper's Old Country Store, which has been open since 1902. It was awesome! It was a great place, and had all the old items from the past, including the old wooden floor that is still polished to this day! If you are ever in the area, stop here and get the homemade pizza! Its definitely worth it! Plus, the views are AMAZING! :) You'll be glad you did!

There are newer reviews for Front Porch

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had just climbed the Seneca Rocks and to be able to eat in their scenery was such a bonus. I saw that they had lamb in the backyard so I ordered the lamb burger after asking the waitress if the lamb burger was fresh. It was one of the better lamb burgers I've had. My husband had Italian sausage and he preferred mine. We also had their fries which were really good too. They also advertised that their prices were "nowhere near big city prices." Although I wouldn't say this was the cheapest meal I had, it didn't break our budget for the day!

Definitely come, and order the lamb burger!

1  Thank Jo08
Reviewed May 20, 2012

There are very few dining options in Seneca Rocks, so we took a chance with the Front Porch restaurant. Loved the view, but the food was awful. I ordered a fajita chicken strip salad and the
meat was perfectly cubed processed chicken served on iceberg lettuce with canned mushrooms, onions and peppers on top. The salsa was served in a tiny plastic container and tasted like canned tomato sauce with nothing added. The table next to us was being cleaned and had 2 plates of food that hadn't been touched. I think they walked out after being served. Skip this place!

2  Thank Cairn12
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and I have been to Seneca Rocks twice and have ate at the Front Porch at least 4 times. The pizza is really good with a sweet sauce and really good crust. The atmosphere is old general store on the lower level and open on top at the pizza shop. I really found it to my liking.
If you go in July when it is above 90 degrees outside there is a good chance the pizza oven will not be in-service. This happened to us on the first trip in July, but on the return trip in August the oven was on!
Service was what you can expect in a small personally owned shop. They were friendly, polite, and made us welcome. Utensils and such are pretty basic, not a five star dinner with three forks! Hope you all enjoy as much as we did.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

The pizza was great don't know about the rest of the food great value big and tasty! View was great too store folks were VERY nice but watch your change as it is all added up by hand!