“Beautiful suite, beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stonewall Resort

Stonewall Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roanoke
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Beautiful suite, beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a suite for our friends bachelorette party. The suite was huge and fit all 6 of us comfortably! There were two bathrooms and three refrigerators! We enjoyed the stay and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank WVU2014
StonewallResortMgmt, Manager at Stonewall Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I just spend a wonderful weekend in a cottage at Stonewall Resort. It was a last minute, spontaneous trip and I wish we had the time to stay longer. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about any aspect of our stay. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the staff (ALL of the staff everywhere on the property) was amazingly friendly and helpful, our cottage was amazing. I could go on and on. We had dinner and breakfast at Stillwaters which was great. My dinner was average, my husband had the buffet which he loved. Breakfast the next morning at Stillwaters was so yummy. If you are a Belgian waffle fan you must have one freshly prepared for you!! We will definitely be returning to Stonewall in the future!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you! We appreciate the feedback!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is back out in the middle of no where just enough to make it peaceful, yet close enough to amenities to make it convenient. The resort is beautiful and amazing, paddle boating, fishing, golfing and all. Added bonus: it was National Hunting and Fishing Days there this weekend. There was lots of things to do. I recommend this place as a "at least once in a lifetime place!" Every family should try it once.... And by once.... It is rather costly, but I would do it again. Check it out!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Anniedawn78
woodstock,ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We recently took a motorcycle tour of West Virginia. After our first night at the resort, we (group of 5 people) decided to spend a second night. The staff members were all outstanding. I would love to point out exceptional staff member, but, they were all fantastic. The grounds are very well kept, the pool & hot tub were greatly appreciated after a day of riding. The campfire pit was great as it was large enough to accomodate 20+ people, which is a great way to socialize when you are not from the area. We would love to come back to West Virginia and intend to stay again at the resort as we didn't get time to take the boat ride around the lake or take a kayak out. We ate at both restaurants and neither disappointed. I had looked ahead at places to stay for the areas we expected to be in each day. When I searched the web and seen the resort, I entered the date I expected our group to be there. When I printed this out, it stated the rooms were $77 per night, but, when we arrived, the front desk said the rooms were $139. When I showed the attendant the print out indicating $77 there were no questions asked and we got the rooms for $77. Even at $139. this resort is worth every cent, but, what an exceptional deal at $77.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Please come back and visit us again soon! Thank you!
Greencastle, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I spent 2 nights for a wedding at this lovely resort. The staff was very helpful and moved the ceremony inside when it rained for 2 days. The food for the event was delicious. Guests received breakfast each morning. The pool looked very inviting but I forgot my suit

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Morgantown, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I spent a day and a half at Stonewall Resort last week for a work retreat. I had always heard good things about the resort, but had not visited until last week. The front desk was gracious upon check in and held our bags for me and my colleagues until our rooms were ready later in the afternoon.

The conference facilities were very comfortable and accommodating. The chairs in our classroom-style set up were very comfortable -- they were not your average banquet chair, but a nice office-style desk chair with armrests and cushioned seat. I've heard that the wireless connection at the resort was horrible in the past, but I had no issue with the connection. I could text, upload photos, and make calls as needed, from the conference area and my room.

The buffet style lunch at Stillwaters was great, offering a good variety of options. The evening reception was held outdoors where appetizers were offered buffet style. Unfortunately, the items were not labled, so we had to guess at what we were eating. Also, there were many bugs and gnats in the area that were very annoying during a professional reception.

My hotel room was spacious and well-maintained. My king bed was clean, the sheets were crisp, and the mattress was comfortable. And, there were plenty of pillows!

Stonewall Resort also has a large gift shop with lots of beautiful momentos -- including jewelry, Vera Bradley bags, candles, etc. And, there are plenty of Stonewall Resort t's to choose from.

Overall, it was a great location for a business retreat... I would definitely consider Stonewall for a future event. I hope to return to this scenic locale with my family in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank StephRad
Thank you!!
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Stonewall Resort is a beautiful complex set on a lake near Roanoke WV (2 1/2 hour drive from Pittsburgh). The rooms are spacious with all the amenities; many have a lake view. The restaurant has a buffet for each meal, or you can choose from the menu. There is an adjacent bar. There is a spa and fitness center, indoor and outdoor pool, and free use of bikes, kayaks, canoes, etc. The adjoining golf course is very challenging and has gorgeous vistas. There is also a restaurant there. This is a great getaway spot.

Room Tip: Try to get a lake view.