“Great family place”

Cuisines: American
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great family place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good old fashion cooking with old time atmosphere. Run by a lovely Christian family, no alcohol served here. You'll love their fried chicken and most anything on the menu.

Visited April 2013

Northern Virginia
“Quirky, wholesome, and quiet tasty...”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

You cannot be bored in this restaurant. The food is very well prepared and very tasty. I had the hot hamburger with cheese and mashed potatoes. Very good and very worth the price. You get an idea of the type of restaurant this is when you see a grilled cheese on the menu for $1.99 and not $5 or more at other restaurants. Good food at a fair price. The service is friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back!

Round Hill
“Delicious, Melt in your mouths Steaks!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been driving by John's Family Restaurant for years and chose Valentine's Day to make our first visit. We both enjoyed the warm inviting atmosphere of John's. The restaurant was very busy but all of the staff were very nice and attentive. We both went for the 10oz Filet Mignon (medium). The steaks came out perfectly! These folks age and season their steaks wonderfully. Each bite melted in our mouths. They also don't skimp on portions here! The sides that we had were huge. I had wanted to try desert, but by the time I finished everything I was stuffed. My bride was able to control herself and brought home a doggy-bag for later.
Our first visit was successful. We will be back again, and again.

Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great food, great service. Make a point to tell friends and family. I don't eat out much cuz I like cooking for my family but when I'm feeling lazy this is where we like to go. Never had a bad meal or bad service.

Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
“I eat here every few months”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Not gormet but decent food and good service. Liked the soup alot!
Nice warm comfortable atmosphere...

Visited July 2012