“HEAVENLY COOKED”

John's Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Rippon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 13, 2012

You will thank God for this Homecooked meal! Pork Chops...like grandma use to make. It will fill up and growing boy!

1  Thank Rev C

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stop there every time I go through the area (3-4 times a year). Great breakfasts (they will fill you up). For lunch, all kinds of comfort food. Never had room for dessert but it did look good. Price was excellent, have always had great waiters/waitresses, never had a bad experience.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

I've eaten at John's My Pappy's Place many times. The big Pappy's sign practically dragged me in the first time I drove by. My favorite meal there is breakfast, but lunch is a strong contender with a mean cheeseburger and the SheCrab soup (yum) which is started early and is usually ready by noon.

There are three dining areas and though frequently busy, seating is rarely more than a couple minutes. I can't comment on dinners, because we only ate dinner there once. My husband enjoys a beer or wine with nice dinners and Pappy's does not serve alcohol, so despite a nice looking menu we didn't

The parking lot is large, there's a welcoming wraparound deck and the interior was enlarged by adding a pleasant entrance a few years ago. For travelers between Maryland and Virginia on Highway 340, this is a great place to stop.

Positives: grits, flapjacks, biscuits and gravy, she crab soup, fried chicken, cheeseburgers, friendly service, eclectic antique decor, nostalgia

Negatives: weak coffee, closed Sundays, no alcohol with dinner, service can be slow

2  Thank Marchelaw