“Can't do anything right!”
Review of Johnny Mac's - CLOSED

Johnny Mac's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant is terribly disappointing. The meat is always prepared wrong--hamburgers are dry, the brisket is covered in fat, and the steaks are a cheap cut. The one highlight are the homemade potato chips with their special sauce.

The Sheetz Corporation will be tearing down both McCoy's Inn and Johnny Macs restaurant. From the rumors around town, I guess Johnny Macs will not be moving. I hate to say it, but I think anyone really cares...

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had our company Christmas Dinner there in Dec 2012. It was horrible. The food was the worst that I have ever had in a restaurant. The service was horrible.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

If it's not smothered in BBQ sauce or fried, don't get it. Well, maybe the burgers but again, only if they are smothered in something. Trying to be healthy, I had the grilled chicken breast with green beans. The chicken was so dry it was nearly sawdust. Green beans from a can. UGH. No wonder there were only 8 people in the entire place and 5 of them were at the bar. The music was turned up 2 notches too loud even for a sports bar. The waitress disappeared for nearly 20 minutes after serving my "meal".

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have to say, this place has the friendliest bartenders and wait staff. They made our visit there very enjoyable. We love going to new places and hving a friendly conversation with at the bar with the local bartender. They treat you like they really want your business and enjoy talking to you, as well as informing us of other local places to visit. Didn't stay at the hotel, but had drinks at the bar in the afternoon, then returned later for dinner. Different bartender, same excellent service. She informed us of several homemade things on the menu which we tried. The onion rings are awesome. Had a great time while we were there and will definitely go back if ever in the area again.

I would recommend a stop there if even for a cold drink and an appetizer.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Not bad at all, would definitely go there again if I ever come back to Ripley, the service was good, but I can see some people having problems with $12 for burgers and fries and a drink. But I will say that it was a good 1/2 lb burger with Cheddar cheese and pulled pork and brisket so I'm not complaining.