“Crabcake sandwiches”

Crabby Patti's
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Ripley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Fresh Seafood, Hand Cut Steak and Spirits. We specialize in Maryland Jumbo Lump Crabcakes and Seafood.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Ripley, WV to view a log home company. We stopped at Crabby Patti's for lunch. This restaurant specializes in crab flown in from Baltimore, MD. The restaurant has a nice rustic interior. We ordered the Crab cake sandwiches ($13, a little pricey) which included a pickle and a bag of potato chips. The crab cakes, in our opinion, didn't have a lot of flavor, but I make them at home and add more ingredients. I took a bite out of mine, and almost broke my tooth. There was something black mixed in with the crab and it broke into 4 small pieces. I did tell our waitress whom was very nice. She told the kitchen staff, and he did come out. He claimed it may be a hard piece of something burnt from the Panini grill. I'm not sure what that meant, but no matter what, I didn't feel anything should be in my sandwich from a Panini grill. I ended up breaking the sandwich apart in order to be sure there wasn't anymore in there. All in all, I didn't enjoy the sandwich, and the staff did not offer even a small token to make it right. I didn't expect them to take it off my bill, as I did eat just the crab meat, but any small jester would have made me feel like they cared.

1  Thank 120SueN

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stopped in Ripley for the night while on the road. drove around the small downtown area to check places out. After a short search we settled on Crabby Patty's. I had the seafood club, which was full of shrimp, scallops and a crab cake. The white bread wasn't my first choice, but it worked out ok. Beer battered fries were very good, nice and crisp, as I like them. My wife had the blackened scallop salad with balsamic dressing and enjoyed it. We decided to split a piece of carrot cake for dessert and it was very good as well. we didn't expect to find this type of food in Ripley and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Service was friendly and knowledgeable crab cakes delicious. Soups all very well made. Salad was freshly chopped and crisp. Fresh yellow squash were sautéed perfectly. Grilled fresh asparagus properly grilled. Although the salad dressings were not made in the house they were high quality and very tasty. Only 20 minutes from Charleston and I need to make the drive more often

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was not impressed with Crabbi Patti's. The food was poor and very overpriced. I took my kids there. It was $75.00 for three kids and one adult. All of us barely ate anything we ordered. For once I didn't make my kids clean their plates or at least try something new from my plate.

1  Thank Taraland45
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Locally owned, and served with a smile, We have always been pleased with the offerings at this restaurant. It's small, personal, and quaint. I nice little place that out-of-towners wouldn't necessarily find or think of going to. The Seafood chowder is very good. I've enjoyed lunch with family from out of town and dinner on a couple of ocassions. The newest high top tables are a nice addition.