“The Best in Jackson County”
Review of Crabby Patti's

Crabby Patti's
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Ripley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Fresh Seafood, Hand Cut Steak and Spirits. We specialize in Maryland Jumbo Lump Crabcakes and Seafood.
Ravenswood, West Virginia
“The Best in Jackson County”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We go the Crabby Patti's on a regular base. The food is always fresh prepared and super delicious. They serve mainly seafood but have some nice meat items, too. The food is reasonable priced and the staff is nice and efficient.

1 Thank Bluevanilladonkey

ALLIANCE
“Nice Surprise in Downtown Ripley West Virginia!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

For travelers going through Ripley West Virginia via 77 should take a little extra time to go off the beaten path to downtown Ripley and have some really good seafood at Crabby Patti's. I was visiting my sister in West Virginia and out of curiosity checked Trip Advisors to see where the favorite place to eat in Ripley was and Crabby Patti's was at the top of the list. I never heard of it so I asked my sister and she said that she has eaten there but they moved and she hadn't been to the new location. So we decided to go there for lunch and liked it so much that we went the next day too! We shared an appetizer of fried pickles that were yummy and then had the seafood club which consisted of crabcakes and shrimp salad on the bread of your choice. All the seafood is very good and cooked to perfection. The soups are delicious too. The new location is also great - whoever decorated it did a great job. The whole feel is very inviting. They also have a little outdoor seating area as you enter the restuarant which is so nice. I love this place! Can't wait to visit my sister again so we can enjoy this place again!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank joanietik
Chicago, Illinois
“About As Good As You're Going To Get”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

If you're reading this review your food options are very limited. This place is making a true attempt at preparing decent food at fair prices. Unfortunately, the day we were there they were out of crab. And just about every other fish in the menu. We opted for the sandwiches which were fine. The bubbly HS cheerleader waitress was very pleasant if a little absent-minded at times.
Be careful when ordering a beer as mine came with a healthy dose of judgement from the hostess who after asking if we'd like something to drink repeated four times to me "I'm naive about anything behind the bar." Got it, Christian, no drinks for you. Now go get mine!

When your other options are fast food this is a fine choice. And get a little dollop of WV while you're passing through.

• Visited May 2012
Ravenswood, West Virginia
“Great food/high price”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Great food, but price is high for small town. I would expect more personal service for the price. They are in the process of moving down the block fora larger dining area. I think it will only improve the atmosphere. Now work on service.

Visited November 2011
Suwanee, Georgia
“Crabby Patti's in the new location = Best in Ripley”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My father is retired and lives in Ripley so I manage to make it to town there once or twice a year.

I have visited Crabby Patti's in the past and enjoyed their menu.

They have moved into a new location, completely renovated, and have added a bar, an outdoor seating area overlooking the square and courthouse, an upstairs private dining area, and a large upstairs banquet area.

The decor is wonderful in the main downstairs dining area, with of course a nautical theme, special Cruzan rum drinks, a neat seating arrangement with sand and shells beneath glass on the longer tables, and a color scheme that is pleasing and not obtrusive. The building itself provides a lot of the charm with exposed brick walls, air ducts, hardwood floors etc.

They have also beefed up the staff for what are sure to be larger crowds once the town finds out about the improvements.

The food!

The menu is effectively the same. Why change what was already super! The lump crab cake is loaded with crab meat. No cheating on this one. The waldorf chicken salad is as good as always as well. The addition of the bar is what really takes CP's to the next stage.

I think, well no, I know this is the finest place in Ripley, and probably within a range of towns close by. Some folks may say it's a bit pricey for the area, however, you do get what you pay for. I have paid a lot more elsewhere for a lot less ! This establishment would fare well in most larger cities I've lived in, I hope the local folks will support it here!

Will return every time I come back to visit family.

Thanks for a super experience.

• Visited May 2012