“Crabby Patti's in the new location = Best in Ripley”
Review of Crabby Patti's

Crabby Patti's
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Ripley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Fresh Seafood, Hand Cut Steak and Spirits. We specialize in Maryland Jumbo Lump Crabcakes and Seafood.
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My father is retired and lives in Ripley so I manage to make it to town there once or twice a year.

I have visited Crabby Patti's in the past and enjoyed their menu.

They have moved into a new location, completely renovated, and have added a bar, an outdoor seating area overlooking the square and courthouse, an upstairs private dining area, and a large upstairs banquet area.

The decor is wonderful in the main downstairs dining area, with of course a nautical theme, special Cruzan rum drinks, a neat seating arrangement with sand and shells beneath glass on the longer tables, and a color scheme that is pleasing and not obtrusive. The building itself provides a lot of the charm with exposed brick walls, air ducts, hardwood floors etc.

They have also beefed up the staff for what are sure to be larger crowds once the town finds out about the improvements.

The food!

The menu is effectively the same. Why change what was already super! The lump crab cake is loaded with crab meat. No cheating on this one. The waldorf chicken salad is as good as always as well. The addition of the bar is what really takes CP's to the next stage.

I think, well no, I know this is the finest place in Ripley, and probably within a range of towns close by. Some folks may say it's a bit pricey for the area, however, you do get what you pay for. I have paid a lot more elsewhere for a lot less ! This establishment would fare well in most larger cities I've lived in, I hope the local folks will support it here!

Will return every time I come back to visit family.

Thanks for a super experience.

1  Thank BeanPods

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Nice place to go on a winter's day for a hot bowl of clam chowder or a great cheeseburger.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is a really great restaurant. One doesn't expect to find top notch Eastern Shore crabcakes, soups, chowders, etc.. in a small town along I-77 in West Virginia.
I live about an hour from this restaurant and I find myself making excuses to go to Ripley just so I can eat at Crabbi Patti's.
I have never had a bad meal here, and I sometimes stop on my way home from Charleston and pick up something to take home.
The food is fresh, prepared with care, and delicious every time.
The staff are very friendly and attentive.
I highly recommend this restaurant, and also suggest that you visit the Crabby Patti's Facebook page for info on hours, specials, etc..

Reviewed September 23, 2011

When on our way to Myrtle Beach from Michigan we found Patti's for lunch. Great fresh seafood and a wonderful small town atmosphere. More people should venture off I77 for a couple of miles rather than settle for the fast food places. I had the Crab Cake which was great. My wife also enjoyed her lunch as well. Well worth a visit. I will stop again on our way south. Much better than 99.9% of the seafood restaurants in Myrtle Beach.

2  Thank Lawrence J
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Clean Relaxed Friendly. Best Crab Patti's on the east coast with crab meat you can see and taste. With lots of other kind of food too. Thursday is Rib night Friday steak night, I highly recommend the steak as well. Lots of choices but those are my favorites.

2  Thank TrilogyKitten

Been to Crabby Patti's? Share your experiences!