“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ripley
Cortland, Ohio
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We came across this place while looking for a pet friendly hotel to stay at on our way home from vacation. The staff was excellent, hotel was one of the cleanest we have stayed in, room was very spacious, bed was very comfortable, the hot breakfast in the morning really hit the spot. Here is the only concern: We paid an acceptable price through a web site that stated there were no additional fees for our dog .... However we were charged an additional fee when we checked in.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. I am glad to hear that you thought our hotel was the cleanest that you have stayed in. We do get many comments on how comfortable our beds are and the quality of our free hot breakfast.

Regarding the pet fee, I am not sure what website you booked your reservation from. We are a pet friendly hotel with a nightly fee that is none refundable. Our fee is much lower than most midscale hotel chains. All I can tell you that our pet fee is indicated on our brand website. I would highly recommend in the future to check out the brand web site to get the most accurate information regarding any hotels policies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice HI express That is easy to find as its right off the highway and it is in a great location. It is close to some nice places to dine as well. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Pool and hot tub were a nice addition. I Will be back.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Boywonder51
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that.

I am glad to see that you were able enjoy our pool and hot tub.

Look forward to seeing you back soon
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Driving on I77 I encountered foggy conditions (no surprise in WV) and had to stop in Ripley without a reservation. Took a chance on this Holiday Inn Express, and I'm glad I did! The front desk staff were kind and efficient. The room was updated, the bathroom was upper-end, the bed was very comfortable. I did find the price a bit steep, but there's not much competition there. I'd stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I don’t know what to say but thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you.

I am glad you took that chance and decided to stay with us. I can see we did disappoint you.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are visiting the Ripley area. I hope to see you again if you are in the area.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were ready to pull off the road for the evening and saw this motel indicated on the interstate signage. It turned out to be a relatively new or new appearing property. It had a clean, fresh smell when you entered the lobby. Gentleman on the desk was very friendly and helpful with local information. The room didn't disappoint. Again clean and fresh smelling. Same for the bathroom. The breakfast is the usual HIE fare with hot items as well as the fresh warm cinimon rolls. If we were planning travel in the area I would take the time to reserve a room here if it was available.

Room Tip: not next to mechanical and vending rooms. Not next to elevators or stairs
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. We are the newest hotel in Ripley and just a little over 3 years old.

I will pass on your comments to our front desk and housekeeping staff members.

Again thanks for the wonderful recommendation for future travelers looking at lodging needs in Ripley, West Virginia.
East Tennessee
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Brand new motel. Very nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bed slept very good. Big screen TV with lots of channels since there is not much else around to do. Indoor pool was nice. One of the biggest breakfast areas I have seen for this type of motel.

Room Tip: Not much noise but if you really want quiet, ask for a room on the hill side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TNVisitor54
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
I don’t know what to say but thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you. Actually our hotel is just over 3 years old.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the pool and had a good breakfast to start the day out.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Excellent place to stop while traveling on I77. Nice rooms, with fridge and microwave, comfy bed, pool, and good breakfast selection. Also some restaurants in the area for dinner. I was traveling with family and they even where able to get us adjoining rooms. Plus you get chocolate chip cookies and check in. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelli F
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, July 13, 2013

And yes those chocolate chip cookies are good!!! I am glad that you were able to get the option of the adjoining rooms. We do not have many rooms with this option available every night.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are thinking about visiting the Ripley area.
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This location is half way between my home and my parents home. I have stayed here quite a few times since the place was new. The primary reasons I stay here is because they allow pets, and it is my "half way point". While it is only a 10 hour drive, I like to spend a night on the road so that I don't feel rushed and so that I don't have to drive late at night. It is also good location if you want to avoid stopping in Charleston, which is not the most convenient for quick stops and/or getting on and off the highway.

Room Tip: If you make reservation (and have a pet), you might like to ask for first floor room at the far end...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank David C
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. And we are pet friendly.

Thanks again for your return visits to our hotel. You are so correct that our hotel in Ripley is just a short 30 minutes north of Charleston for the traveler that does not want to stay in a big city.
See you next time on your way to see your parents.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Hampton Inn Gallipolis
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley? Share your experiences!