“half way point”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ripley
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“half way point”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This location is half way between my home and my parents home. I have stayed here quite a few times since the place was new. The primary reasons I stay here is because they allow pets, and it is my "half way point". While it is only a 10 hour drive, I like to spend a night on the road so that I don't feel rushed and so that I don't have to drive late at night. It is also good location if you want to avoid stopping in Charleston, which is not the most convenient for quick stops and/or getting on and off the highway.

Room Tip: If you make reservation (and have a pet), you might like to ask for first floor room at the far end...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank David C
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. And we are pet friendly.

Thanks again for your return visits to our hotel. You are so correct that our hotel in Ripley is just a short 30 minutes north of Charleston for the traveler that does not want to stay in a big city.
See you next time on your way to see your parents.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Overall, it appears that the hotel is starting to show a little wear from when we stayed here last year, but it does have some great features, and seems to me to be the best option in Ripley. We were first given a room that smelled of smoke, had a shower curtain smelling of mildew, and the final straw a bed with dirty sheets. The manager was very accommodating, however, and immediately offered to move us to the room across the hall. That room was much cleaner. Maybe the first room was just missed somehow? The food offering is very good. The kids particularly like the pancake machine. Also the pool is above average for a hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, July 3, 2013

I am so sorry for the first room that we assigned to you, but I am glad we were able to get you into another room quick.

We are the newest hotel in Ripley and just a little over 3 years old.

Thanks again for your return visit and I do hope to see you in the future if your travel takes you back our way.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 30, 2013

After an extremely long day of driving, we found this hotel. It was a welcome site. We have absolutely no complaints. It was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The outside of the hotel is beautiful as is the inside. Our room was extremely clean and smelled fresh. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable also. The bathroom was huge. The complimentary breakfast was very good (eggs, sausage/ham, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, yogurt, cereal, etc.). So glad we found this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I don’t know what to say but thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you.

I am glad you found us too!!

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are visiting the Ripley area. I hope to see you again if you are in the area.
Orrville, Ohio
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here while taking my parents to visit cemeteries. Had a poor experience and another hotel last year, so we chose this one to avoid problems. Room rates were a bit high in my opinion, but the full breakfast made up for most of the extra costs. The desk clerk was very nice, so overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Best there is in Ripley!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that.

Our room rates for the Ripley market are priced competitively with our competition and other Holiday Inn Express hotels on I-77 from Charleston to Parkersburg. You will find our value out ways our competitors.

The Holiday Inn Express breakfast program gives everyone many options to choose from. You can enjoy the hot breakfast which includes the signature cinnamon roll by Holiday Inn Express and pancakes.
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were traveling for business in the area. We ONLY will stay at a Holiday Inn Express, as it is our hotel of choice. This hotel was great. The front desk staff was very friendly and made sure to let us know that if we needed anything to contact them. We chose the King Bed Suite and was very happy with our room. It was comfortable and probably the cleanest room I have ever stayed in. The bed was amazing, we're actually looking into purchasing one just like the bed we slept in there.The breakfast was amazing and the attendant was friendly and kept everything very well stocked. My only small qualm is that we weren't greeted as Priority Club Members, but compared to the rest of the amazing stay, we didn't even mind to have not been greeted as members. We will only stay here if in the area again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, May 9, 2013

I am sorry our front desk staff did not recognize you on arrival as a valued Priority Club Member. I would like to take a second and thank you personally for being a Priority Club Member.

Again thank you for the comments and look forward to seeing you again if your travels take you through the Ripley, West Virginia area
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Cleveland for my Dad's funeral. It was a breif stop-off point so we did not get to try the pool or fitness center. The hotel was very clean and bright. The bed was super comfortable. The free breakfast had a great selection. The place appeared to be brand new. Hotel staff was very helpful. I wish we could have stayed longer. I will stay here again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this review, April 21, 2013

I am truly sorry for your loss of you father.

Pontiac, NY
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice, newer property in an area where there are few lodging choices. It is located immediately off the ripley exit on the interstate.

Check in was quick with warm otis spunkmeyer cookies available. received a welcome bag of water and a crunchy granola bar for being a frequent sleeper program member.

breakfast selection was very nice. room was comfortable.

Parking was a bit tight out front.

Restaurant selection in the area was limited. May need to go to Ravenswood for more dining selections

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean, comfortable room to a friendly staff.

The Holiday Inn Express breakfast program gives everyone many options to choose from. You can enjoy the hot breakfast from scrambled eggs to pancakes and of course our signature cinnamon rolls by Holiday Inn Express.

Ripley does have many choices for dinning, from fast food to sit down restaurants. In fact we have a new Mexican Restaurant that just opened up and have received many positive comments from our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Hampton Inn Gallipolis
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley? Share your experiences!