“Another Excellent stay for me.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ripley
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Folks, I basically live in Holiday Inn Expresses due to the nature of my job. I read the reviews here on trip advisor before I made a reservation. This has got to be in the top 5 of the quietest properties that I've stayed in yet. The staff was down right execellent and were VERY attenitive to my needs. Anything I asked for they made it happen. I strongly recommend this property as a long term stay or a simple over night stay. Either way, if these folks can't make you happy, nobody can. LOL. (That was for you Dad, you old codger)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back. I really enjoyed looking for the wildlife.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

I don’t know what to say but thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are visiting the Ripley area. I hope to see you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have enjoyed this hotel multiple times on trips back and forth to Canada - last week there was a distinct/unpleasant smell in our room. It wasn't mold or garbage - almost a mineral-y kind of smell. It might have been water, or something with the drains - we closed the sink and tub drain in the bathroom and it seemed slightly better but ugh - headache. Breakfast was busy on Friday AM too and the cafe area was a bit of a mess with overflowing trash bins - the girl working in there was sweet as could be but clearly needed help. When checking in Thursday I was informed that the hotel was 100% full - if that was the case why schedule just one person for breakfast the next day?! We might try to get a bit further north when we travel in the summer...just a couple things seem to be slipping. This is also a hotel that allows smoking and while it's supposed to be contained to one floor - it's definitely noticeable throughout the property - this is a huge dealbreaker for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs with a clean, comfortable room and having a great staff to assist you and I see we came up short during your visit.

Regarding the odor you experienced, we will have our maintenance personnel look into this. This is not a complaint that we normally hear.
I apologize for the breakfast area trash cans overflowing. With so many people having breakfast at one time, it is difficult for one breakfast host to maintain and stock food, juices, etc. She certainly should have somebody assist her during a busy time like that. I will look into how we can resolve that issue.

Regarding the smoking rooms and the odor of smoke you encountered. Our smoking rooms are located on the third floor at the end of the hallway. There are no smoking rooms located on the first or second floor. I am not sure if the smoke carried out into the hallway and down the stair tower.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your past business as you have traveled through the West Virginia area and I hope this one experience will not stop you from trying us again on your next travel needs through West Virginia.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Every time my wife and I go out of town, we look for a Holiday Inn Express. Always excellent all around We are never disappointed. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Highly recommend. Nice pool and weight room.

• Stayed: February 2013
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Ripley, WV. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one.

I am glad that you were able to use our pool and fitness center.

Again, thank you for your great comments; and your continued support for all Holiday Inn Express Hotels.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

just as expected. very clean. really friendly guy at check in. very helpful with area restaurants, etc. room was nice, clean and roomy. stayed here while traveling to disneyworld. great choice in ripley.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs with a clean, comfortable room and having a great staff to assist you.

Also, thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are visiting the Ripley area. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Disneyworld

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here on a one night stopver while travelling during Christmas. Overall a good experience. Breakfast bar was well stocked. Scrambled eggs aren't the best but the bacon is good.
Mattress showing signs of wear but still plenty comfortable.
Only complaints would be poor water pressure in the shower, no recognition/benefit for being a Platinum Priority Club member, and the hot tub wasn't any warmer than the pool, which was heated nicely although strongly chlorinated. Would be nice if the pool was open later.
I wouldn't pay what they ask for the room ($119) but use points instead.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Ripley, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean, comfortable room to a friendly staff.

Regarding the comfort of the bed, every guest has a certain type of bed they like; I am truly sorry that we did not meet those needs with you. Overall, we get excellent comments regarding our bedding; the beds that we have at the hotel come from one of the preferred bedding vendors of Intercontinental Hotels Group. The hotel is only three years old so we feel the bedding is not worn out.

Regarding the water pressure, we will have our maintenance personnel look into this. This is not a complaint that we normally hear. Regarding the temperature of the hot tub, we did discover we were having an issue with the heater that controls the hot tub and that has been fixed. I am truly sorry for that inconvenience.

Finally, I would like to take a minute and thank you for being a Platinum member with Intercontinental Hotels Group. If our staff member failed to recognize you, I am truly sorry for that.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stopped for the evening and was very impressed. The beds were very comfortable, the room was very nice, well equipped and well kept. Breakfast was complementary and one of the best I have had. Front desk staff am/pm shift were professional and pleasant. Special props to the maintenence man, he goes above and beyond. This is a well managed hotel and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Ripley, WV. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we have achieved our goal. I will pass on your review to our staff and especially our maintenance person.

Again, thank you for your great comments; and if you travel to Ripley again, I hope you will consider us for your lodging needs.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This looks to be a fairly new hotel, and is clean. Is terribly overpriced for the room we had. Bed was REALLY uncomfortable, and those are truly the worst pillows I've ever slept on. Not joking the pillows felt like they were filled with little lumps of foam. Breakfast was good, except for the powdered eggs.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

I truly appreciate the comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Ripley, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and see we came up short with your experience.

Regarding the comfort of the bed and pillows, every guest has a certain type of bed and pillow they like, I am truly sorry that we did not meet those needs for you. Overall we get excellent comments regarding our bedding, the beds and pillows that we use are within the brand standards that Intercontinental Hotels Group used in all Holiday Inn Express Hotels.

Along with the bedding our breakfast we offer our guests is brand specific. No matter what Holiday Inn Express you stay at you will experience the same breakfast. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast except for the scrambled eggs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Hampton Inn Gallipolis
#4 of 7 in Gallipolis
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley? Share your experiences!