“great place to stop for the night”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ripley
Reviewed August 13, 2012

we were traveling from nc to ohio and this was a good stopping point. we were expecting much, but this hotel was great. quiet and clean. the bed was super comfy. and even though we checked in during the middle of the night (about 1am), the front desk guy was really nice and helpful.
and the free breakfast was great. there were hot and cold items, so i got my bagel and yogurt and my husband got his eggs.
even though this holiday inn express was a little random (small city off the highway), it still met all the things i've come to expect from a holiday inn express.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our Holiday Inn Express in Ripley, West Virginia. I appreciate the comments regarding the quality of our room and how comfortable it was for you, and our front desk staff met your expectations.

You are so correct that the Holiday Inn Express breakfast has a good variety of both hot and cold foods especially your bagel and your husband’s eggs!

I hope to see you again if travel takes you back through the Ripley, West Virginia area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was a very nice hotel - clean, large rooms, and VERY quiet. The breakfast was plentiful, and hot and cold items were served. The only complaint I have is that I had to ask for one more towel, as there were only 3 in the 4-person room (was traveling with my husband and 2 kids), and there were not enough coffee cups to go with the coffee maker. Both of those things were really minor, though, and the most important thing was that it was clean and quiet. It was one of the most pleasant hotel stays I've had. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012
Don B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our Holiday Inn Express in Ripley, West Virginia.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you a clean and comfortable stay. You are so correct that the Holiday Inn Express breakfast has many options for childrent and adults.

I understand your minor concerns with the amount of towels and coffee that we put in our standard double rooms.

Again thanks for the recommendation for future travelers that maybe considering staying in the Ripley, West Virginia area.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family and I were on a short trip to visit family and we couldn't have picked a nicer hotel to stay at. The room was very clean, modern, and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and the continental breakfast is super convenient. We will deffinatly be staying here next time we come to visit family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

I want to thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel. Huge breakfast area. The lady who works in the breakfast area is extremely kind and helpful. Whatever HIE is paying her, it's not enough. The rooms are so spacious they still seem big even when you've got a two-year old in tow. Cookies in the afternoon. The only downside is the local dining options. Know that you're not coming to Ripley to have a culinary experience. You're staying in Ripley because you couldn't make it to North Carolina or Disney in a day.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank wialdwltgo
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We were on the road to and from Virginia. We liked the hotel so well our outbound stay we decided to return when we were homeward bound.

Starting from the brick detail which extends about 10 feet up around the outside, this property has an upscale look. The business center has 2 computers, the front desk offers afternoon chocolate chip cookies. Our large clean "king leisure" room included the best lighting of any hotel room, an easy chair with ottoman, desk with chair, mini fridge and microwave. Good quality bacon and eggs at breakfast. Small, warm shallow indoor pool was great for my water exercises.

We were recognized as Priority Club members with a welcome goody bag containing bottled water and snacks.

On our second stay in May we had a "king suite". This time the easy chair didn't have an ottoman. There was a separate little alcove for the desk + sofa, coffee table; the micro/fridge were located in a storage unit which included an extra sink.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Express after traveling from Savannah, GA. This hotel is located about 45 minutes north of Charleston, W.Va and we're glad we stayed on the road a little longer. Friendly desk staff gave us a king, non-smoking room that I'd booked just a few hours prior via the internet. The rate was fair and the room was huge. The bathroom was clean. The king bed was comfortable with a firm mattress and plenty of pillows. There was a wet bar including a fridge and microwave. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Ripley, West Virginia and would stay there again when I'm traveling this way. Near the expressway but far enough away not to hear any traffic noise whatsoever.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

we s tayed at holiday in last may in ripley w.v.new and very nice.stayed at other holiday in express before new one was built.never h ad a problem getting a gov rate because my son is a n.j.state trooper.wecome to ripley for a few days in spring and in the fall to turkey and deer hunt for over 20yrs. and never had any problem untill last spring when we were told that you have to be on official business to get the gov rate.we had a very good time at the holiday in.my 4 sons realy liked the hot tub after a long day of hunting.would like very much to stay there again but with out the gov.rate and the price of gas to travel 480 miles it is to much.we do not have this problem at other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank snowmanTrentonNj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Hampton Inn Gallipolis
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley? Share your experiences!