My husband and I spent a few days last week at this (new looking) Holiday Inn Express in Ranson, West Virginia. It was a last minute trip and I didn't have lots of time to research places to stay. We were there to visit Harper's Ferry National Historical Park and also making a trip to Antietam Battlefield National Military Park. This hotel is the perfect spot for anyone wanting to visit these two places. Harper's Ferry is about 5 minutes down the road. Antietam is a longer drive back into Sharpburg, Maryland -- but we found out (by accident) on our way back to the hotel that Flowing Springs Road (where the hotel is located) is on a road that goes right into Sharpsburg (kind of a shortcut) where the battlefield is located. Also, the hotel is located close to the highway --but set back away from it --so it is nice and quiet there at night. Its seemed to me that there were many guests staying there while we were there -- but we had no noise issues at all. We stayed in a non-smoking king bed room on the third floor (there is an elevator). The room was very large, clean, and comfortable. Just what you want in a chain hotel like this --nothing real fancy -- but nothing to complain about either. The sheets and towels were clean, the bathroom was very clean, no stains or odors...and the air conditioning worked well and wasn't too loud. There was the complimentary free hot breakfast which was pretty good considering that it wasn't made to order like in a restaurant. They had unlimited amounts of sausage one day and crispy bacon the next day-- the bacon was excellent! There were pre-made cheese omlets which weren't great --but not bad either. If you were in the mood for something else--they had the usual assortment of breakfast fixings---toast, bagels, muffins, hot cinnamon rolls (too sweet for me but I think others might like them), cereal, pancakes etc, etc. The coffee was fairly good , too -- I had 2 cups each morning to get me going.Our room overlooked the pool. It was slightly too cool for the pool to be in use -- but it was large and looked clean and well cared for.People were sitting around the pool in the afternoon each day. I also noticed a nice fitness center. The hotel is close to the Hollywood Casino which has a complimentary bus that stops by the door on a regular basis in case you want to do some gambling (we didn't). As for food, there are many restaurants in the area --all a short drive from the hotel. In conclusion --all I can say is that this place is a winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charles Town West Virginia Our beautiful new hotel is a lovely three story, interior corridor hotel that is less than 1/2 mile from the Charles Town Races and Slots. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/ pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Charles Town, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel Ranson
- Holiday Inn Express Ranson
- Holiday Inn Ranson
- Ranson Holiday Inn