“Opa! Pretty good, simple Greek fare”

John's Cafe & Grill
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Ranson
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Got two carryout meals last weekend; the gyros were just what we wanted. The French fries coming out of the fryer looked a bit pale to me, so I requested ours be done "extra crispy," and they turned out very well. The other food items coming from the kitchen looked good, too. We really enjoyed the baklava for dessert. The staff were hand-rolling Greek cookies and baking them….they looked like something special, but didn't get to try them. Service was fast. I'd definitely recommend this spot if you want something quick, good, and not too fancy.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We come hear for the lamb, it's simply the best in the area. It's a small family owned restaurant very pleasant people and casual atmosphere.

1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The title pretty much says it all.

I've been here a good number of times, trying a variety of items. Taste has varied from not so good to decent, that's about it. Gyros, souvlakis, burgers, fish... nothing special to be found.
There's only one item I can actually say I clearly like: the greek salad. Woohoo.

And everything is vastly overpriced. Items that might go for $7 elsewhere are $10 here. Not sure why the price is so high, it doesn't seem to be going into ingredients.

The folks who work here are very friendly, but the food and prices just don't cut it, not by a long shot.

2  Thank SpunkyDawg
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We went out on a Friday night in Charles Town and most of the staple restaurants were busy, so we decided to try John's. The place is small, yet simple. Besides the menu was what we came for and it was extensive. I decided to get what they were known for, the Gyro. It was two hand fulls of meaty awesomeness. Definitely one of my favorite things in Charles Town.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I had the Hellenic burger and the other half had a gyro, a pork kebab, and a greek salad. It was across the board fantastic. I had not had a burger with feta and bacon on it and it was great! Will be here again FOR SURE!!