“overall we love roseland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Proctor
Roseland Resort & Campground
wintersville,Ohio
“overall we love roseland”
Reviewed March 28, 2010

we have been there several times,use to tent camp,last time had a deluxe cabin.I have to say it was clean,everyone was nice to us.Did'nt like the bathroom not being in the cabin at FIRST, but decided it was better.More private,so it was nice.We are going back in the spring memorial day weekend the b/f,and I and a partnered couple.Can't wait

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
columbus, ohio
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I have been to the camp ground several times and plan to return in 2010. Most of the other reviews are true. The food is not so great - it was once when they had the naked chef.

The staff is sometimes friendly but the DJ /check clerk should be fired - when you first arrive and he is working checking anyone is a bother to him but after you get settled in the relaxed camp sites give way to a great weekend.

I also think if you stay in the cabins it is over priced and they all need new beds, and yes you need to bring your own sheets and pillows which if I pay $75.00 to 125.00 for a room I would at least expect basic comforts.

The best option is camp, bring your food and drinks and chill - all the problems of the resort go away. I have taken single friends and they have always had a good time - it may depend on the weekend - most of the couples that i have met usually play around so it a fun time for all if you are into that sort of thing or you can have a great fun clean time.

I would recommend anyone to go there but just know that they have a few issues and if you just relax and don't expect a resort like your used to it will be a great time

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tydanj
Arlington, va
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Just spent our first season at Roseland resort as a seasonal. We were very pleased with the campground. The management and staff was very helpful with newbies. we can't wait until the spring to start all over again. it was a very relaxing way to spend the summer.

We recommend this place very highly

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
columbus
Reviewed June 27, 2009

This campground is great, but there are three things that make it bad.

# 1 - Management - The Owner has a " My Way or the Highway Attitude" You can hear this from all of the seasonal campers. You get charged for everything. This camp is very expensive even to camp.

# 2 - The Road - The Road getting to this campground is very steep and scary, and the roads in the campgrounds are muddy, steep and not well taken care of.

# 3 - If your single and looking to hook up, forget it. this is a place for couples who have been together for a long time. The only people there hooking up are lets say " Not very pretty"

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
10 Thank gayohiocamper
Ottawa
Reviewed April 22, 2009

My partner and I visited Roseland in August 2008 and loved it. The people were great - including the staff, who made us feel very welcome and at home. We brought our travel trailer with us, so I can't comment on the accommodations or the food. The scenery is spectacular. The pool area was beautiful and they have a great hot tub with a spectacular view. We are planning on going back this summer 2009 and are both really looking forward to it. Roseland has also just been featured on gaycampingusa.com with a very good review. Not sure why the previous posts were so negative, but I guess everyone has different expectations.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zacker05
dc
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We made 2 visits to Roseland this summer, and both were memorable and fun.

I found the staff to be mostly very friendly. The food was good, the scenery spectacular, the new pool complex is well done. We enjoyed viewing the sky and stars at the observatory.

First time, we brought our dogs and stayed in a cabin. It was nice for a cabin, with a big covered deck, refrigerator, coffee maker.

The second visit, we stayed at one of the B&B-style guest rooms. We found it comfortable and clean. We are picky about our beds, and we slept well every night.

I enjoyed being unable, for the most part, to get a signal for my cell phone. We were away from everything, and we could relax and do as we pleased: napping on the hammock, wandering naked on the paths, playing in the pool, eating family-style in the diningroom, dancing on the Cabana Deck under the stars in a toga-themed party, drag brunch also on the deck...

I love the freedom of being in an environment with only gay men - there is an openness and a light sense of fun that we don't find in daily life.

We love the place and the people. I'd love to stay longer, our stays were 3 nights and 4 nights (we added a night the second time).

I did notice the sewage smell in the main area. Other than that, no complaints!

• Liked — the people, the location, the parties, the pool, views, music, observatory
  • Disliked — difficult to get to, sewage smell n the main area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank gayguydc
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort & Campground, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We noe have WIFI throughout the campground and the phone service has muich improved! Please come back and visit again!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Roseland is one of the most beautiful resorts of its kind in eastern United States. It is a mixture of guest houses and camp sites with trailers and tent camping. If you stay in the guest houses, there are two downsides: 1) no keys to lock room doors which forces you to leave cash and valuables in the trunk of your car; and 2) the food is not good. On the other hand, I found the staff friendly and kind, unlike some of the other respondents who have written reviews. Most guests at Roseland did not care about the food, and I did not see drunk staff members as others have written. They came for other reasons. During my visit, I was the only man of color among the guests and one of the few men over 50 years old and, as a result, I did not feel comfortable. But that was not Roseland's fault. Perhaps the location had something to do with it. I stopped to buy gasoline in the Proctor area but was denied the use of a restroom. Go figure.

• Liked — Scenery
  • Disliked — meals
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mkeka
We apologize for your experience. We would love for you to come back and visit! We have a remodeled Restaurant with quality food and all of our rooms have keys! There has been paving, steam room, sauna, gym, and lots more upgrades and more emphasin on cleanliness! Please give us another chance and you will not be disappointed maybe even pleasantly surprised!

Been to Roseland Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!