“Great Get Away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Proctor
Roseland Resort & Campground
Eastlake, Ohio
“Great Get Away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Aug 23/24 in deluxe cabin 1. Private area with own bathroom. Perfect for 2 people but no more than 4. Kitchenette was well stalked. Great, friendly staff from the minute you arrive with check in with Scott. Owners Matt and Troy make you feel welcome and interact with you when they see you, even just a wave. Professional massage was an added bonus. Pool was amazing, naked or not. Hot tubs clean and private when you wanted them to be. Views and landscaping were amazing. Night life with bars, dancing, socializing. Ended a bit early. Great place if you enjoy hiking and walking with nature. Going back in less than 2 months for our second longer stay.

Room Tip: You have to go on website to see your likes and dislikes. Call Scott, will help you out. You can b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrianNick2013
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort & Campground, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
HI Guy - Thanks for the great review - we appreciate your honest feedback and hope you will come back and see us to enjoy more! We absolutely love what we are doing and will continue to strive to keep everything going strong up here on the mountain! Thanks Again!

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I love, love, love this place. The customer service is top notch. I try to go a few times a year and it has become my Palm Springs in West Virginia.

The only complaint I can make about the grounds is the storage barn on the way to the Jr. Deluxe cabins. It really needs cleaned up. The place is so beautiful but then you have to walk past that eyesore with stuff piled all around it. Put the crap in the barn and shut the doors!

Room Tip: Jr deluxe cabins are a great place to stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank rsnyder689
HI there! Thank you for your honest feedback! We are excited you compared us to Palm Springs! We are grateful that you mentioned the shed with all of the tools, etc. While it is much better now that it is not full of trash - we realize that it is an eyesore and we will be working this winter to get it all cleaned up and more presentable. Thank you again and we hope to see you here soon!
Snowshoe, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I went to Roseland early in the week knowing it was going to be quiet a nd not fully operational. That is what I wanted. The star is incredible. They made me feel at home from the get go. The owner Matt made me breakfast my first two mornings although the restaurant is only open on the weekends. Every staff member addressed me by name which is classy. I ended iup staying two extra nights. I didn't want to leave. I can't wait to gfo back. Thanks guys!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jackshipone
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We have worked hard at treating the week day guests as important as our weekend guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay enough to extend it - we appreciate your business for sure! You were also a class act and we loved getting to know you. Thanks Again!
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

It is off the beaten bath for sure, but worth the drive. The staff was very friendly. We loved the presentation by Doc! We didn't love the rotted, severely bowed, and moss covered picnic tables at our and neighboring sites. The (actual) hiking trail could be more worn in for ease of use.
Loved the convenience of cocktail service and adding it to our site for payment upon departure.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank TimandTony91011
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort & Campground, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi Guys! We are so glad you had a great time and we hope you come visit us again soon! We had our first deliveries of new Picnic Tables delivered this week and we will be replacing all of the ones that need to be replaced. The hiking trails could not be attended to because of the immense amount of rain we have received over the last month, but, we do have trail masters and the equipment to attend to them as soon as it is dry enough. Thank you for your feedback and your visit. We look forward to hosting your next visit.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I have seen this place evolve and de evolve over the last few years. It is beautiful and the pool area is great. Food service has greatly improved this year and the pool area staff are wonderful and attentive.

The main issue is a lack of things to do in the evening. In the past there were parties and theme weekend which most people looked forward to. Now the only activity is the bar. If you aren't into binge drinking and going to the barn or steam room to cruise there is little else to do. No live dj and its the same music programming every night so most people gave up on dancing. The advertised themes usually have little effort put into them other than a few decorations. When asked usually you will get a lackluster response about them.

There seems to be a high staff turn over. there is one employee who spends most of his time gossiping about guests and other staff members, and planning who is next on his list to try and get fired. 99 percent of the staff are wonderful and hard working and the owners are very nice. The place just needs to focus a little less on booze and cruise and more on fun and creativity for guests.

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank Globaltraveler75
Thanks for your feedback on the resort. We appreciate you taking the time to give us constructive criticism so that we can be even better. As far as things to do in the evening, we have Doc's Observatory and the themed parties every weekend. We also have a fully equipped Game Room with a Pool Table and Electronic Dart Board. The majority of our feedback is that sitting at our many areas and visiting with folks, enjoying the game room, the hiking trails, etc. has been more then enough for most of our guests.
As for Staff turnover, we have lost only one employee this year. We would love it if you would give us a call at your earliest convenience, so we can discuss what activities you would like to see and the employee that only talks about who needs fired next. These are certainly items that we would love to rectify for you. Please call us at 1-304-455-3838 as soon as possible!
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our very first stay at Roseland, and we tent camped. It really is hard to put into words how much we loved this place. All of our neighbors were very friendly! The staff is unbeatable. We made so many friends, and talked with the employees each day. We were treated so well! The food is delicious, the drinks are cheap, and the atmosphere is incredible. Usually when you go to resorts, you'd never see the owner, but by the time we left, the whole staff knew us by name! We can't wait to reserve our cabin next week! We definitely look forward to becoming regulars!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joshua W
We are so happy that you guys enjoyed our resort and all that it has to offer. We really love doing what we are doing and making this a place that is beautiful, low drama, and relaxing. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you so much for your feedback. Its folks like you guys that make it all worth it!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Roseland. I just got home and all I can think about is going back!

Me and my buddy got a Jr Deluxe cabin. It was quaint, clean, had a GREAT covered deck, air conditioning and the only thing "missing" for me was a bathroom...can you tell I've never actually "camped" before? LOL! There are military barrack like showers and toilets that are located beneath the main building and just a short walk from the Jr Deluxe Cabins.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful. They do a great job with all of the landscaping. There's no trash anywhere. Everywhere you walk someone is telling you "hi" or "good afternoon." Where does this ever happen in life anymore?

The "Santa Fe" pool is great! There are plenty of lounge chairs all around it. There's a covered area for those who don't want to burn, yet still enjoy being outside. There's a bar at the top of the pool that serves AMAZEBALLS smoothies! Get yours with a shot of liquor for an additional $2! Oh yeah, and don't worry about needing cash...you can charge everything to your room just like on a cruise ship...so convenient! You can even lay around in the pool and have the very friendly waiters serve you your drink in there!

We spent the evening dancing the night away and being waited on by a very friendly bartender named Ron who made the strongest and most delicious Long Island Iced Teas in the world! The DJ played some great remixes as well! The bar has a dart board and a pool table as well. The bar didn't get really busy until around 11 or so.

We woke up and went and had the breakfast buffet. Breakfast is prepared by one of the funniest and sweetest people I have ever met in my life: Kitty! Kitty should be given a stage to put on daily performances with him just "talking" and telling stories! When we first walked in, we were greeted by 2 men who were both so VERY nice (and hot lol). They chatted us up, asked us how we were and if we were having a good time. The one gentleman even mentioned seeing me dance the night before. Little things like this are what keep people wanting to come back here I imagine. You are made to feel special and not just like a dollar sign. After checking out, I ran into one of these men again, and he introduced himself (Matt-the owner) and hugged me and told me that I needed to come back soon! So sweet and just left me feeling really special. After visiting the website again, I discovered the other guy from breakfast was another owner, Troy.

I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful place to just get away for a day, a weekend, or a week!

So with that said, thank you Matt and Troy for making my first visit so amazing! My friend kind of had to drag me there because I have never been one for camping as I mentioned before. But with all the hospitality you and your other employees showed, in addition to the natural beauty of your facilities and how well maintained everything is, I simply cannot wait to come visit again! Thank you so much!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jr Deluxe Rooms. They sit right on the parking lot. At first I was worried that t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jonathan1993
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us what a great time you had! We hope you continue to come see us for years to come. We truly love what we are doing and the folks we are doing it for! Thanks again!

Been to Roseland Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!