“Favorite restaurant ever!!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

I'm A local and the food is always amazing. The rice is the best rice I've ever had and the food is always delicious. Sometimes there is a wait but to go food isn't bad!

There are newer reviews for Kimono

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I often travel to the Princeton area on business. I make it a point to eat at this restaurant each time. The food is perfect...some of the best Japanese food I've had. The service is speedy. It is a bit pricey, but worth the extra for the quality.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

So let me first start out by saying the dressing on the salad was very good. Some nice ginger dressing they make. The soup is also fair. Not the best but i'd say 3 out of 5. SO hear is the bad parts. For starters I asked for yellow fin sushi but got yellow fin sashimi. Not the biggest deal but we still had to pay for the mistake. I ordered the scallop dinner. The vegetables were all onions with light mushroom,carrot, and zucchini. The rice was flavorless. It was bland and tasted nothing like the usual rice you get at a Japanese steak house. The yum-yum sauce tasted old and like there was something off to it. The WORST part was the protein. I got the scallops. They were raw in the middle and burnt on the outsides. I love scallops but these were awful. They were rubbery as well. While they didnt season the rice enough they over seasoned the scallops. I love Japanese steak houses but they were awful and i've eaten at a few of them. Will not be paying those prices for bad food.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

There are generally 2 reasons to go to kimono. First is for the hibachi grill and show. They are good at what they do and make your food right in front of you. It's a little show with your meal. However, there are times when the hibachi grills are packed and it's just quicker to sit somewhere else. This is when you should pick out a sushi that sounds good.

Avoid the tokyo tea, it was like drinking straight liquor with food coloring.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have eaten at Kimono several times over the last few years and always look forward to going back. I recommend sitting at the grill and enjoying the "show" the chef puts on especially those with small children. All ages will find it fun to watch. The food is great and they take allergies serious so for those with food allergies just tell the server ahead of time and they will keep your food separate. We have never had to wait more than a few minutes for a seat at one of their grills but we tend to pick times slightly before the "peak" meal hours. For those just wanting a good meal they have several tables as well which usually can just walk right in. A great way to save money and still get lots of food is the shared plate which is basically like a buy one get one 50% deal always available with no special times or dates. On this visit we had a pretty early dinner from 3:30-4:15 pm and only one other family was in the restaurant the entire time we were there so service was excellent!