“Good food to go”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Needing to work on the computer, I ordered dinner to go back to my hotel room. Although I missed the dinner show, I found my dinner very tasty (shrimp, with the ususal sides), the portions very good, and all hot/ cold items packed accordingly. I plan on returning, weather it is to eat in or take back to the hotel room.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had dinner here one night while visiting the area to attend our son's Virginia Tech graduation. I had the teriyaki chicken and my husband ordered the shrimp and fillet combo. My husband always orders his steak rare, and restaurants rarely cook it to his liking so he was pleasantly surprised when it was actually rare. It was also an excellent cut of meat. The chef was entertaining and we enjoyed the entire experience. We have frequented many Japanese steakhouses and my husband proclaimed this one to be his favorite.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We love Kimono in Beckley, so since we were in Princeton we thought it wouldn't be much different, wrong. The price was the first thing I noticed they are higher. The service wasn't very prompt and we were there when they first opened, and they were not busy. The interior needs some major renovating, we were seated right beside a window where we could see in the kitchen. Needless to say we won't go here, we will just wait and go to the one in Beckley.

1  Thank copper_12
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We started with soup and salad and had high hopes as all was very good. However, the chicken teriyaki was very bland and tasteless. Most of the attention was focused on the habachi tables that were filled with families. We should have chosen the habachi.

1  Thank Brenda K
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We go to Kimono's for every family event (birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc) and always receive great food and a great show by the hibachi. The only thing I really must complain is how rude the servers are. They aren't friendly and demand that you tip them. Four of us went to Kimono's last December and I decided to cover the tip for everyone in my party. I left a very generous tip and as we were leaving one of the servers stopped someone in our party at the door and asked where her tip was. My friend explained we left one very large tip. The server then demanded my friend leave her another tip. But that is the only problem we've ever had.

The food is great (but a little greasy) and the hibachi's are awesome.