“Clean & Comfortable”

Hampton Inn Princeton
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Hampton in Princeton, WV is the absolute nicest place to stay while in town or passing through. ALWAYS clean and comfortable. I would never stay anywhere else while in Princeton. Close to I77 and route 460, restaurants, Wal-Mart and banks. I make several trips per year through the area and have stayed at other hotels. However, once I stayed at the Hampton Inn, I haven't stayed anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Steven A
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Princeton

Reviewed June 7, 2014

On our way to Hilton Head, we stopped for the night at this Hampton Inn. I have always had good experiences with this chain, and this hotel maintains my very positive outlook. First, this is a non smoking hotel...May not appeal to some, but to my wife and I it's a big plus. Beautiful, clean, king-sized room and bed, and terrific HOT breakfast included. Saved a few bucks with my CAA membership too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Every time I travel I look for Hampton Inns to stay because I can always count on a clean comfortable room. This hotel in Princeton, WV was no exception. Excellent room, my husband even commented that he liked the bathroom at the Hampton better then our home. They also had charging stations on both sides of the bed, usually we are fighting over who gets to plug in their phones at night but not here. I also love the fact that there is fresh coffee and cookies all night long. Can't beat that!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Although there is a lot of consistency between Hampton properties, they also vary based on local franchise management. Some franchisees appear willing to invest in the guest experience and to go the extra mile, whereas others try to cut corners for short-term profit. The Princeton franchisee is apparently in the former category and must be on top of his/her game, because everything comes together well here.

Rooms are Hampton standard but well kept. Lobby features a popcorn machine for afternoon/evening hours. Breakfast is a slight cut above the norm, with fresh blueberries and fresh slices of oranges and grapefruit.

The location is pretty good for getting on/off the Interstate (about 2 minutes from exit ramp to hotel). There are some chain restaurants within walking distance (a Texas steakhouse across the parking lot and an Applebee's at the end of the street). There is a WalMart on the other side of the Interstate.

My only quibble (and I've noticed this in other Hampton properties but not all of them) is that the room doors (and perhaps walls) are not very thick. This means that one hears a lot of noise from other guests who are in the hallway. If your fellow guests return from a night out at 2 AM, you will probably understand every word they say in the hallway as they walk past your room.

Overall, a very well-managed Hampton. Thanks, local franchisees.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank jeffsm5111
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The 2 queen bed room we stayed in was very attractive with lots of wood showing. However, it felt smaller than usual and the bathroom was set into a corner, definitely smaller. Had we stayed more than one night, we would not have been comfortable. It just felt too cramped.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2014

After spending seven nights on the road we are re-evaluating Hampton Inns as our first choice. Each night the amenities are the same but the room size keeps shrinking. This evening in Princeton, WV is the worst so far. The small desk is crammed between the wall and the bed so that one has to lean forward to use the desk (see photo). Our room came without the standard microwave and refrigerator. We asked and were upgraded for an additional fee. Only the king bed remains full sized - for now. That and the room rate - $127. The Comfort Suites room we had last night was much bigger for only $69. We have come to prefer the higher quality of Hampton Inns but we need to find more space.

Room Tip: Nice rooms for very small people. Too small for me.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We spent one night at the Hampton Inn Princeton. I had reserved a handicap room and a regular room, both nonsmoking. The Hotel has an inside pool and a Fitness room both on the first floor.

The handicapped room was on the first floor near the pool and a door to the outside. Since the person I was with has knee problems in both knees, I figured I would help her in by this side door. There were some handicap parking spaces near this door but the ramp to the sidewalk was about 5 parking spots away and the configuration was set up so you should go through the Main doorway. The curb right in front of the walk to the door was a good 8 inches high. (Ok, on my part, strike one in the eyes of the lady with the bad knees.) I walled her to the room and you could tell that the room was a retrofit handicapped room; the doorway was narrow because I could just barely fit the luggage cart through the door, and the space between the wall and the bathroom door/wall was about as narrow. So in order to have a wheel chair be able to go in the room, the one bed in there was a double or at least a very narrow queen size bed.

The other room supposedly had two double beds but they seems as wide as the “queen” that was in the other room. Your call there.

The hotel was clean and the personnel seemed friendly and the breakfast attendant was chipper and kept the place stocked.

For us, it was OK for one night and if I was on business, it would be great but not for us as a week long stop.

Room Tip: Getting there from I-77, after exiting, you will need to make the second left (the first traffic lig...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family