“Met my expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Buffalo, NY
“Met my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very clean, spacious room appears to have been recently renovated with cherry furniture and wall paneling. Very nice. Easy on easy off interstate 77. Lots of national chain restaurants in walking distance. Will stay again on my way home

Room Tip: Rm 405 - king bed. Does not face interstate
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling nine hours, and were happy that we had a 3 pm check-in. The only problem was that our room was not ready. Not a real big deal... just a little disappointing that we had to wait for twenty minutes. The staff were very nice and pleasant. The breakfast in the morning was very nice...the muffins were especially good and fresh. Overall a good experience, what we expect from Hampton Inn.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Not much to write about here. I arrived late and left early, so I did not have much time to enjoy the amenities. The hotel seemed to be pretty typical of most Hampton Inns. Although, I have stayed at some exceptional Hampton Inns with a lot of fanfare. This would not be one of those. The room was clean and comfortable with a small desk and closet. If you are just passing through, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Welland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great location for a stopping point on our way to Myrtle Beach. The rooms are nice, very clean and large enough. We were on our way to Myrtle Beach so we only needed a place to get some rest before another long day of driving. The pool and fitness room were fine, although the fitness room could use some free weights. The breakfast was good as well. You can always count on Hampton!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Tony L
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The room was spacious and the work area is nice. The bathroom vanity is small. The window treatments look nice but weird for a hotel - it's a huge roman shade that opens from the bottom of a long window. Who wants the entire parking lot to be able to see into the room? So, I guess you have to leave it closed. The shade is also very noisy to raise/lower - I heard the neighbors next door adjusting their shade - loud!

Housekeeping could spend a little more time when they vacuum. The rug behind the bureau and along the wall was pretty dusty/dirty.

My biggest issue is that after 14+ hours in the car, we arrived to find out that the room I booked wasn't available. Our option was to take a different kind of room on a higher floor or take the kind of room we booked but on the ground floor. As I was checking in at 10 p.m., kids were running up and down that very hall going to/from the indoor pool. I always ask for the top floor and as a Diamond level HH member, expect to receive that. The woman at the front desk was very apologetic and state emphatically that they goofed and whoever was assigning rooms to people checking in overlooked us. However, given they were very busy, there was little they could do. The best she could do was give us a small reduction on the room rate. I don't expect star treatment but one expectation I do have for my STRONG Hilton loyalty is to get the room I request at the time of booking.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We very pleased with all aspects of our staff at the Princeton WV Hampton Inn. Our check-in was smooth and the staff sought to accommodate our request for a quiet room. The room itself was comfortable, clean and relatively quiet. The complimentary breakfast was better than that offered by some hotels but not as diverse and tasty as others. The breakfast were very helpful and cordial. The price was reasonable and we felt we received good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

One of the best hotels! This is exactly what you would want and expect. Everything was literally perfect. We arrived early, about 3pm. So it was easy to park. We were able to park in the 2nd spot right outside our window, which was good because we had bikes and a car top carrier. We were greeted by a friendly front desk staff. My children were very excited about the pop corn. And we made a nice coffee for my husband. First thing we did was went swimming. Pool was a good temperature and nice and clean. Towels available right by the pool. There was also a fitness room with a big tv, very cold, so that seems good if you are working out. Our room was AWESOME. Everything was updated and clean. We had a King size bed and a pull sofa. When my kids came into our bed, I decided to try the sofa and was surprised. It wasn't bad. I would n't choose it, but it was good. Free WiFi. Good desk(my husband was working and this is something some hotels do not have). GREAT breakfast.. make it yourself waffles, fruit, yogurt, grits, gravy, eggs, really yummy oatmeal with toppings, tons of bread and carbs. This would not be good if you were trying to diet. Also front desk was able to give us a razor and shaving cream. So great when you forget something and don't have to go out to the store. The location is great, since it is right off the freeway. We walked to Cracker Barrel, which was right next store. I think there are a few other places you could walk to. I would stay here again, if I needed something in this area. Everything was great!

Room Tip: 214 was good.. close to elevator and good look out right by the entrance
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton
Turnpike Motel
Turnpike Motel
#5 of 15 in Princeton
4.0 of 5 stars 27 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!