All reviews popcorn machine within walking distance cracker barrel west virginia room was clean parking lot texas steakhouse complimentary breakfast breakfast staff no exception would stay here again fresh fruit the breakfast area we've stayed staff was friendly easy access very nice hotel
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here the night of January 18th, with plans to ski at nearby Winter place. There were some special circumstances, however. There was a snowstorm the night of January 17th and we were stranded on the interstate until 2am (north and southbound traffic at a complete stop for several hours due to multiple accidents and closing of Big Walker Mountain tunnel and the tunnel at the VA/WV state line on I-77) and had spent part of the night on the floor of the lobby at the Hampton Inn in Wytheville, VA (ALL rooms full, let us and several stranded travelers do this). My daughter and I arrived at this Hampton at about 11am, exhausted, and I KNEW this Hampton (like all the hotels in the area around I-77 VA/WV state line) had been PACKED FULL the night of the 17th. Aiesha was working the front desk, and was very understanding about our situation. She let us wait in the lobby until the first available room was clean and ready (about 11:50 am) and let us check in right away (even though check OUT is at 12:00 and check IN isn't until 3:00 or 4:00). After a shower, my daughter and I took naps in the EXTREMELY comfortable bed with the nice, clean duvet cover. We were able to get a few hours of skiing in at Winterplace that evening and a good night's sleep that night. Extra outlets were great, room was clean, bed super-awesome. Two TINY "wishes" - first, I'd suggest the hotel replace the window shades in the rooms with something quieter - VERY loud when opening and closing shades (and can hear in other rooms). Also, I'd like them to consider adding a hot tub to the indoor pool area. After skiing (and I'd guess a number of Winter place goers stay here) a hot tub would be lovely, and some of the other hotels in the area have indoor hot tubs in addition to an indoor pool. But, will stay here again the next time I get the nerve to brave I-77 in the wintertime.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

In traveling between SC and Pittsburgh we have been stopping at this Hampton Inn the last few times. The hotel is so clean and neat. Aiesha, working the front desk was so helpful and friendly. It was a pleasure talking to her. It was nice to have hot popcorn waiting for you. The breakfast couldn't be beat.
We plan to make this a regular stop.

Room Tip: I have stayed in three different rooms this past year. Every room was awesome.
1  Thank jgrandsts
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Loved this hotel, loved the outlets on the nightstand.Hate having to pull out nightstand to look for outlet and hoping I find nothing else. Bed was comfortable and clean. Lobby was nice, Front desk staff were extremely helpful and nice. Breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn breakfast. Breakfast area was spacious. Hotel was quiet, I slept well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RNHH
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Finally a room the you don't have to move the nightstand and unplug a lamp or clock. This has always been the biggest pet peeve of mine. Each night stand had a ChargePoint which has 2 regular outlets along with 2 USB ports, the entertainment stand has 2 outlets on the side that are 3 feet froma wall outlet, and the desk and 2 outlets. You will never run out of space charging and running your electronic equipment. The desk has 2 overhead lights so your not dealing with a big lamp on the desk. This hotel has beautiful furniture in it with a built in closet beside the desk. The hotel also has a large breakfast area that doesn't leave you feeling cramped up. The hotel also offered coupons to WinterPlace.

Room Tip: There are no suites so we ended up getting 2 rooms that connected. I think all that is offered is a king with a sleep sofa to connect to a 2queen room.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

What a lovely hotel. We arrived quite late and were able get our beautiful room. Comfortable bed, super clean and very quiet so sleeping was sound. The friendly staff were helpful and the free wifi is always appreciated. The breakfast was more than ample and varied. The breakfast room was very comfortable as well. In every way this was a great stop.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple