Hampton Inn Princeton
Turnpike Motel(Princeton)(Great Value!)
$65
$59
Travelocity
All reviewswithin walking distancepopcorn machinetexas roadhousecracker barrelwinterplace ski resortroom was cleanwest virginiano exceptionbreakfast staffparking lotcomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againthe breakfast areaeasy accessvery nice hotelshort drivefresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stopped here around 10pm for an overnight stay on our way South. It is right off the freeway and surrounded by other hotels and restaurants. The room itself was a bit small compared to other Hampton’s and the double beds were standard size, not Queens. The hotel was busy, but fairly quiet during the evening. The breakfast really turned a decent stay into a less than great experience. The breakfast room was setup more as a sitting area than for eating. There were not enough tables for the number of people. Many people eating on couches and big chairs. The room was dirty and the breakfast offerings were not stocked. We overheard one of the attendants tell another guest that the eggs would not be replenished because there was only 10 minutes left until breakfast was over! Several items remained out of stock for the duration of our meal. This was very disappointing and uncharacteristic of other Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank patsgo
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Traveling late and needed to stop, only hotel in town. Lay out was usual Hampton Inn and what you would expect from the Hamptons. Check staff friendly steak house next door. Internet not easy to get on from room, but good in lobby.
Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Plenty of food for breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Arrived in the evening for a one night stay. When you walk into this hotel the front desk is not right there. You go up the hallway and turn to the left where you will find it. There is also a nice big area with tables and chairs for breakfast. There were a few people playing cards at these tables.
Requested a king room facing Meadowfield lane which they gave us a nice king room facing that Lane. Room was nice. Beds were comfortable. Pillows were horrible. Bring your own if you can. Thats the only problem we had encountered.

Did not eat their free breakfast, but it did look tasty when I walked by it. We decided to go to Crackerbarrel which is right across the street.

Room Tip: someone posted to get a room away from the interstate, which we did. Did not hear any noise. It was a nice quiet room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel exactly one year prior to the weekend. We went this time as a get away to celebrate my birthday. I called to see if I could get a cheaper rate by talking to the hotel verses the on-line rate, sometimes that does help but not this time. When we arrived maintenance was working on the grounds appearance. We walked in to the fresh smell of popcorn.

We were greated promptly and assigned our room. We had a 2nd floor king room at the end of the hall - nice and quite. I was surprised to see the condition of the bathtub which you will see in the photos. And the venetian fabric blind needed replacement or repair - the cord which you pull to open and close the blind was extremely loud, loud enough to be heard overtop of a hairdryer in the bathroom! I don't recall ever staying at a Hampton Inn and there be chipped places in the tu or a noisey blind. Everything else was the standard Hampton Inn quality.

My husband and I sat out for our evening. Upon our return we thought, ok let's go to the jacuzzi to rest and relax. What a surprise - the jacuzzi was gone! We immediately went to the front desk to inquire and was told it had been removed a couple of months ago due to maintenance issues. I didn't bother to check the hotel website before we went since we had stayed there before - so note to those who have stayed before and enjoyed the jacuzzi - it's gone! And they have removed that information from their website.

Then I noticed the popcorn machine. It was a self serve machine. I watched an individual open the doors, take the bag for the popcorn and begin to scoop the popcorn into the bag, and while not all kernels fell into the bag some dropped back down while hitting the indiviudal's hand/arm. So without sanitary gloves to wear I felt - no way would I get popcorn. Personally it would have been better in my opinion that it be served by the hotel staff who could wear gloves - would be much more sanitary.

Then there was the popcorn all over the floor between the front desk to the elevator - some of it was still there the next morning. I just didn't feel that housekeeping was staying up with the appearance of the main areas as good as they did a year prior. Granted this was a Friday night but still I felt they just were not on top of things as well.

Then we get to the breakfast time. The food we ate was good, but I noticed many of the table tops needed to be wiped down and that wasn't being done, the breakfast staff were not interacting with the guest at all.

Overall if I travel back through that area and need a place to stay I'm sure I would stay there again, I just wouldn't expect it to be the quality it was the first time I stayed there - the beds are still comfortable, the rooms very clearn - just a little disappointing in the extras on this trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vhash77
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night and it was a very enjoyable stay. We had a nice room at the end of the hall. Our room was spacious and clean. We liked the three sided mirror around the bathroom sink. The friendly woman at the front desk said the hotel was full but we never heard anyone else from inside our room. Our only complaint would the small indoor pool. It was crowded with kids and we were unable to take a swim.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple