“Campestre offers consistently delicious food, terrific and fast service, in an immaculately clean setting.”
Review of Campestre

Campestre
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Without exaggerating, I can honestly say I have eaten here at least 40 times. It is the very best restaurant in town, and priced very reasonably. I have never had a meal here that wasn't delicious!

2  Thank LyndaWV
There are newer reviews for Campestre

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Two friends and I went here since it was rated #1 on Trip Advisor. We agree it was good and will likely come again - certainly better to have local restaurants than chain restaurants.

We had:
- Pina Loca - 1/2 pineapple filled with grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, green peppers, onion and pineapple. Yummy!
- E Volcanito - flour tortilla filled with grilled chicken, green peppers onions and tomatoes topped with cheese dip and closed off (to look like a volcano) with a red pepper slice. Presentation was great and the flavor even better!
- Quesadilla Ranchera - steak and it was "just ok" according to our 16 year old daughter. It seemed to be nothing special.
- Sopapillas were unique and we like the traditional sopapillas better - we couldn't find the honey in/on these.
- Tamales - yummy and we'd order extra sauce next time

The decor is nice and service was quick once we were seated.

1  Thank annoddddd
Reviewed August 9, 2012

managed by mexicans, and with mexican employees, this place serves reall good Mexican and some TexMex food. They need to add some other things to the menu like sopes, gorditas, tlacoyos and some soups, like Tlalpenio at least!

2  Thank MexKaz
Reviewed August 5, 2012

On our way to NC, we got tired of driving and got off the highway at Princeton WV. After we got checked in and settled at the hotel, we asked the front desk clerk where there was a good place for dinner....preferably not a chain restaurant, and close by, as we had been in the car all day, from very early morning. She recommended Campestre, a little place in a strip mall, just minutes from the hotel. The place seemed to be filled with locals - always a good sign. The food was great....who would have expected it in the hills of WV? Although it took a committee of waiters and bartenders to try to mix an old fashion, without outstanding results, the quality of the food made up for it. Service was prompt, friendly and efficient, and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was casual, relaxed and quiet. All in all, a very good dinner for a couple of very weary travelers.

2  Thank Arseneg
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I normally don't enjoy Mexican food. Something about the flavors just turns me off. However, I love this restaurant. I would give you a tip though; DO NOT GET A SALAD! Obviously, you shouldn't go to a Mexican restaurant for salad, but I thought it fair to mention. All it is is shredded lettuce with diced tomatoes. Other than that, it's amazing. The cheese that they use must be sent from Heaven, because it is so amazing. They also have this white sauce stuff that tastes ridiculously good. It took me a few tries, but now I LOVE it. It's like a ranch-type kind of sauce. I can't explain it. My friends and I just call it the white stuff. On top of the yummy food, you have amazing waiters. They know what they're doing, and I love how they call me 'senorita' whenever I go there. I would recommend this place to ANYONE who likes Mexican.

1  Thank SouthernBelleWV