New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Dayton, Ohio
“Avoid - Avoid - Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

We had the misfortune of being in the room adjacent to reception. The sign on the door reads: "For night service, ring the bell three times." And believe me, people did -- because I heard every @^$%^&$ ring. Even though the place was full early (rain and wind got people off the road early), the bell rang as late as 11:30 pm. Then it started again at 6 am. It wasn't until we checked out that I realized there was also a bell that sounded every time the reception door was opened. So it rang when someone entered reception and it rang again when someone left. When we complained the next morning, the reception person said no one had ever mentioned hearing the bell during the last two years (I assume that's how long they have owned/operated it, because it is much, much older than that.) I find that hard to believe.

If we hadn't been tired and desperate, we'd have looked for something else. The room was minimally and cheaply decorated (I use that word loosely.). The bed was so soft that even my partner, who prefers a soft bed, said his back hurt the next morning. There was one nightstand, but no bedside light. I had to move the nightstand forward (exposing the dirt under it) and move a floor light over by the bed in order to read in bed. The TV was an 18-incher and old (not a flat screen).

I've stayed in many budget motels, but this one is among the lowest of the low. Laughable, we were offered a discount on our next stay for our "inconvenience." I assured tha man there would NOT be a next time. I'll sleep in my car before I sleep here again.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else!!