“Excellent Hotel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a late arrival and had excellent customer service at the front desk. Also, the room was nicely furnished and bed were comfortable. Breakfast was complimentary and was nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GM-MTL, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks a lot for expressing nice words about Microtel Inn Princeton,WV. The remarks like yours enhance the morale of entire team. Rest assure we will keep our standards high.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have traveled extensively throughout the US for business all of my life and rarely for pleasure. My expectations are to have a motel that provides a clean comfortable room with courteous staff. I am not wanting to spend what HIE or other chains charge for just having a clean comfortable room to sleep in. I have spent 7 nights here and all my expectations have been fulfilled or exceeded in every manner. The entire staff have treated me and my wife with the upmost respect. The room condition and the housekeeping staff have all been great. If you are looking for a clean comfortable motel to stay a night or week I would recommend this to ALL family and freinds. And the thing I really like is the money I could spend at the other motels I'll just keep that money in my pocket! Thank you to the owner and his entire staff.
Ed Reeves
Wichita Falls, Texas

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking some time and writing a review on Microtel Inn & Suites ,Princeton WV. Your review is a source of encouragement for our whole team. We will try our best to maintain the good standards.
Thanks again.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
GM-MTL, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Reviewed October 29, 2013

1. The Night Desk Clerk was exceptional. She knows her position well, was very friendly, helpful and customer oriented.
2. The Inn was very noisy all night from college students staying there. People were up and talking in the hallways, and televisions could be heard most of the night. I requested half of my $80 stay back. Still waiting!! from Manager to respond to my complaint.
3. We traveled from Ohio to South Carolina and back in one week and were very tired when I arrived at your Microtel Inn in Princeton, W.Va.
4. Breakfast wasn't very good either. Rate it fair only.Example: Coffee was warm only.
5. The Inn was clean though. I do appreciate that. Please respond back.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for writing your review. I will make sure the issues addressed in your remarks are taken care off. Also night clerk will be instructed to not allow the groups to be loud in the hotel.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent the last night of our vacation here on our way back up North. We realized that the hotel was very basic with no frills. The price because it was a Friday night was way too high for so few amenities. The hotel is decorated in garish colors and closely resembles a college dorm. Everything is of very cheap quality and our room had only one small uncomfortable chair. To be fair it was clean. The shower was pitiful, more like a mist than a spray. I did not even attempt to wash my hair because I would never have been able to get the soap out. But the worst thing was the paper thin walls! We could hear people talking and laughing all night long. We could also hear tv's from other rooms. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep. We were up, dressed, and ready to leave by 6 am. Never again. Both the day and the night desk clerks were friendly and helpful. We asked to see the manager to complain before we left but they were not in that early.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time and writing a review. Your observations are very helpful to us to further improve our service.
Once again we appreciate your remarks.
Sincerely, GM

Reviewed October 26, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
GM-MTL, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was clean with decent-sized rooms and an interesting view of all pine trees (on the back side of the hotel). The breakfast was a bit disappointing as there were no yogurt, eggs, or hot items other than the waffle maker. However, it is in line with what other Microtels offer, and I'm sure that's one reason it's less expensive than other chains. The lights in the room are all a cold fluorescent type of bulb. I understand using fluorescent, but they do make warmer toned florescent bulbs, which I would prefer. One major disappointment was that the pool and workout room don't open until 10:00 am, so they are of limited use. On the positive side, this hotel is clean, close to a number of restaurants, and near the highway (but not too close that you get the noise). Cheaper than staying in nearby Beckley and no less convenient. I would definitely return.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for your review. We will make all out efforts to iimprove our standards in the light of your remarks.