“Very clean, comfortable rooms with super nice staff.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Gainesville, florida
“Very clean, comfortable rooms with super nice staff.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights before returning a bit later in the week for an additional night while visiting the Boy Scout Jamboree. The first two nights were were fine in a comfortable room in a very comfortable bed.

The only reason that I am not giving it 5 stars is that the first two nights were interrupted by unbelievably noisy neighbors that banged the walls, slammed doors and were talking and hollering really loud so that we could not sleep. I actually looked out into the hall twice thinking that that would give them the message to shut up but it didn't. The next night we were woken up by them leaving at about 5:30 am again, slamming doors banging around in the room etc.

I did speak to the night desk person who I do think tried to quiet them down but it was pretty loud those two nights. We stayed just last night again on our return trip and it was very quiet and restful.

The continental breakfast absolutely needs some sort of protein either yogurt or hard boiled eggs at the very least. Well worth the reasonable cost if you don't have rude neighbors.

2 Thank KimC40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and kids came for fun and business. The hotel has a beautiful entrance, clean and smelled refreshing. The front staff were super friendly and made the experience so positive. The rooms were modern and equipped with more than I expected! Gym and a swim in the morning. Worked at the Business centre in the lobby. This is a gem and there is no place I would rather stay!

Bolton
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a great time at Microtel Inn and Suites. The location was great. The noise level was low and the breakfast food was good.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

SAFETY HAZARD! When I booked a room , I requested a non smoking room. When we checked in ,
I was asked to sign a non smoking room disclaimer and agreement .When we were in our room , I noticed
that the smoke alarm was broken/tampered. That morning, I informed Ms Suzanne Starks (manager) .
She told me that they know that the smoke alarm in our room is broken . THAT is a safety hazard for ME!
When I asked her why did they let me sign a non smoking room disclaimer and agreement if the
smoke alarm is broken , she told me that it's not the smoke alarm . It is when their housekeeping
employees come inside your room and smell that there is somebody who is smoking.
Come on MS Starks the manager. Please refer to your non-smoking disclaimer form that you let me sign.
The non smoking disclaimer states:
I,______,(print name), understand that I am renting a NON SMOKING room.I am responsible for my gueast
and damages that they may cause. I also understand that if anyone smoke in my room I will pay a
fine of $150.00
The Microtel smoke alarms are sensitive and are set to detect ANY type of smoke in
the Non- Smoking room and if a member of the local fire department come to the hotel property,
I will be fined an additional $550.00.

THE SMOKE ALARM IS BROKEN/TAMPERED and your management knows about it .

Ms Starks , manager, please don't look down on your customers that they don't read and understand .
You refused to give me a copy of my reciept for your reason that I booked through Orbitz, telling me
that I got it in a lower price, implying that I don't deserve a good service from you .
After a horrible experience discussing with you that I deserve a reciept , finally , you gave me one.
I have reported to the Fire Department of Princeton ,West Virgina by phone about the unsafe condition
and I was forwarded to the West Virgina State fire Marshall