“Great Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a great time at Microtel Inn and Suites. The location was great. The noise level was low and the breakfast food was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

SAFETY HAZARD! When I booked a room , I requested a non smoking room. When we checked in ,
I was asked to sign a non smoking room disclaimer and agreement .When we were in our room , I noticed
that the smoke alarm was broken/tampered. That morning, I informed Ms Suzanne Starks (manager) .
She told me that they know that the smoke alarm in our room is broken . THAT is a safety hazard for ME!
When I asked her why did they let me sign a non smoking room disclaimer and agreement if the
smoke alarm is broken , she told me that it's not the smoke alarm . It is when their housekeeping
employees come inside your room and smell that there is somebody who is smoking.
Come on MS Starks the manager. Please refer to your non-smoking disclaimer form that you let me sign.
The non smoking disclaimer states:
I,______,(print name), understand that I am renting a NON SMOKING room.I am responsible for my gueast
and damages that they may cause. I also understand that if anyone smoke in my room I will pay a
fine of $150.00
The Microtel smoke alarms are sensitive and are set to detect ANY type of smoke in
the Non- Smoking room and if a member of the local fire department come to the hotel property,
I will be fined an additional $550.00.

THE SMOKE ALARM IS BROKEN/TAMPERED and your management knows about it .

Ms Starks , manager, please don't look down on your customers that they don't read and understand .
You refused to give me a copy of my reciept for your reason that I booked through Orbitz, telling me
that I got it in a lower price, implying that I don't deserve a good service from you .
After a horrible experience discussing with you that I deserve a reciept , finally , you gave me one.
I have reported to the Fire Department of Princeton ,West Virgina by phone about the unsafe condition
and I was forwarded to the West Virgina State fire Marshall

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank M R
Erie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose Microtel to stay to break up our trip. walls are very thin and could hear the tv playing in the next room. overall the room was okay and we had a decent sleep to be able to travel home the next day. Don't think we would choose a Microtel for future overnights.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is an odd hotel. I get the sense it is new, but a few things are showing wear which don't make sense. We stayed here as most of the other recommended options were booked (I stayed at the HI Express in Princeton last week and would have stayed there again if available). The lobby is fine and the check in was fast and courteous. The decorative molding by the elevator was in need of repair which was a bit of a turn off as we waited for the elevator. Our room decor was modern and we had a nice view of woods. The bathroom had a few issues. Around the base of the tub the tiling was coming up from the floor (as in I could pick up a tile off the floor). It looks like a design flaw if you ask me. The bathroom is a little small - fine for just the two of us, but might get cramped with more people.

We took advantage of the indoor pool to amuse my son and while it was fine for us, if you are planning to use the pool you should be aware of a few things: 1) the pool is very small (ditto for hot tub). There was just the two of us, but an active family of four would pretty much take up the pool. I know hotel pools aren't huge, but this one seemed overly small. 2) pool is pretty deep. There is a very small 3 foot space but other than that it is 4 feet with a very small graduated stair area to walk in.

Also, while we did not use the exercise room, it was right next to the pool so we could see it- I'd call it a below average hotel exercise room.

When I'm in the area I'd prefer another hotel, but this one would be fine if the other higher recommended hotels we booked.

1 Thank BeckhamDC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Sleep Inn & Suites
#10 of 15 in Princeton
4.0 of 5 stars 12 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Princeton
Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton? Share your experiences!