“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We are saving this hotel to our "Favorites" in our Garmin! It is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at! Andrew was exceptionally helpful when we called and when we checked in. We used the walk-in special coupon from the welcome center just across the street, and they even allowed us to use the coupon on a larger room to accommodate our family! The kids loved the cookies and hot chocolate available 24-7 in the lobby! Delicious! Clean rooms, friendly staff, great ammenities, delicious HUGE buffet breakfast. The menu may vary, but on a weekday (not even prime time weekend) they had cheese omelets, bacon, rosemary potatoes, waffles, and all the ususal cereals, danishes, muffins, coffee, and juices. The indoor pool and jacuzzi here are wonderful, allowing our kids to swim no matter the weather! With the checkout not until noon, our kids had a big breakfast and another morning swim before having to crawl back into car seats for a long day on the road! The manager himself spoke with us before we left to get feedback on our stay. He was warm and hospitable, talking with us for nearly ten minutes about our hometown and trip. Simply fabulous! The Outback Steakhouse just a few minutes from here is one of the best Outbacks we've ever been to, as well! This stay was a homerun!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello Jackie,

I am so glad to hear we have become one of your favorite hotels. I am very proud of the staff here at the Country Inn & Suites and you just confirmed what a great job they do. Thank you for taking advantage of the travel coupon. There not always available because our hotel is so busy, but what a savings. We look forward to seeing you and your family again on your next trip. Have a great day.

Gerard Caron/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed in this hotel as a central meeting place for an 80th birthday celebration. The staff could not have been more gracious to our large gathering of family members. Great rooms, pool, breakfast, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Hello,

Wow 80th birthday celebration. What a great time you must have had with family. Thank you for your kind words and please come back and celebrate the 81st birthday as well. Thank you and have a great day.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My second stay here,
Front desk, Andrew, is especially accommodating and so helpful,once again.
Conference room for small group very nice,will use again
Nice indoor pool and jacuzzi
Breakfast ok,staff in breakfast room was wonderful,very clean

Stayed July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I am glad to hear our meeting room was useful for you and your group. We hope next time you can come and stay longer. Be sure to visit the learning library for any readings that you might be interested in. Thank you and have a great day.

CONWAY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have been staying here on trips north for years. I will probably stop using CI&S from now on because warm cookies are hardly why I choose to stay anywhere. The rooms have been consistently average, but this last time, room 223 was less so. I was reading at the desk in the room, and felt a continual vibration coming from the floor. Something, probably located on the first level, south end of the building, something mechanical was running. No matter where I stood, I could feel it. And it was not the room's air conditioner. But when it's after midnight, and the hotel is totally booked, I knew a different room was out of the question. I rarely complain about room problems, but if you check in and get room 223, ask for a different room, ASAP. Nice TV, bathroom, hair dryer, and frig. King bed was comfortable, and breakfast was okay. Ample parking for being fully booked. Front desk folks were friendly. Thank goodness I had enough points to use to give me a free night!!

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that you found difficulty with Room 223. Because of your review we were able to investigate and find what we believe to have been the mechanical problem. It seems to have been the exhaust fan in the pool bathroom which is located directly below that room. We have replaced the fan and the consistant noise and vibration has gone away. Thank you for your help with this. We do value you as a guest at Country Inn & Suites and hope you will give us another chance to make you next stay a perfect one.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

It is an above average Country Inn & Suites in items of room size, amenities, and knowledgable staff. The hotel offers travelers free breakfast, indoor swimming pool/hot tube, and free wifi. My twelve year old daughter is a big fan of hotels with swimming pools. Our room was conveniently located right across from the swimming pool area. In early July 2014, we stopped for a one night stay on our way back to Ann Arbor, Michigan from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. There are a number of close by eateries. The hotel is located about a half mile off I-77, which makes it well suited for highway travelers. The hotel lobby coffee was freshly brewed and they provided tasty cookies 24 hours a day. The warm cookies became quite addictive. My daughters made three trips to the lobby for cookies throughout the evening. The breakfast smorgasbord was filling with lots to choose from. The staff were friendly. Most importantly, the beds were comfortable and the room quiet. So we got a good night's sleep. The hotel is a 45 minute drive from the New River Gorge, making it a good choice for people traveling north to go whitewater rafting, hiking, or zip lining.

1 Thank GMann003
Hello,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. You are correct our rooms are very spacious. Much larger than the average hotel room. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our breakfast staff. It is very tasty. Thank you and have a great day.

Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night as a stop over on our way to Myrtle Beach and I must say I agree with the other reviews! Our room was spacious, clean, the staff friendly and so many choices for breakfast. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone passing through the area and in need of a place to stay. You won't be disappointed in any aspect of the facility!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marjorie A
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello Marjorie,

First I hope you enjoyed Myrtle Beach. i also want to thank you for your kind words regardin your stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. My staff and I try to make every guest stay a perfect one. Sounds like they did a great job. Please stop in and see us again soon. Thanks and have a great day.
New Castle, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was recently in Princeton, WV to attend an event and I stayed at the County Inn & Suites. The staff were very friendly during my stay and were sure to point out that they had warm, fresh cookies day and night. Just eating the cookies made the stay pleasant. My room was very clean and comfortable and a continental breakfast was offered every morning.

This hotel is conveniently located along a major highway and is close to several restaurants and shopping centers. I also noticed there are a lot of churches in Princeton, WV. If you are in this area, stay with the people of Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hello Curt,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. Yes the cookies are great. Like lays potato chips, you can't eat just one. Sounds like you were able to sample most of the hotel but might not have had the time to enjoy the indoor pool and hot tub. Maybe next time. Thanks and have a great day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Princeton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton
Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77
The Resort at Glade Springs

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton? Share your experiences!