“Wonderful stay at Country Inn & Suites, Princeton WV” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful stay at Country Inn & Suites, Princeton WV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights this past weekend at this hotel (Labor Day w/e). We were impressed as soon as we walked inside the lobby. The property is very well maintained, clean and welcoming. They keep fresh baked cookies in the lobby all day and into the evening & include breakfast with your stay. The breakfast had plenty of choices to satisfy most anyone. Our room was perfect...a very comfortable king bed and QUIET. After we were settled into our room, the front desk called to make sure the room was to our liking. That has never happened to us before with much more expensive hotels. Make a reservation ahead of time because they book up, especially on weekend nights. We sat outside in the rocking chairs near the entrance in the evening and watched many folks get turned away because there was no room at the inn. We would definitely stay here again...and are trying to think of reasons to go back to Princeton so we can. We picked this hotel to stay in because of the good reviews here on TripAdvisor. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VaGirl2
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello,

I want to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I am excited that you received your Country Call Back to make sure everything was ok with your room. Make sure to come back and see us again soon. Have a great day.

Gerard Caron/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
toronto, ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this same hotel a year ago (also did a review) and decided to book here again while travelling home from Florida.

Check in was easy. Both the staff members were friendly and helpful.

Rooms were clean, nice layout and comfortable. The beds were very nice and we all slept well. The walls of the rooms are a little thin and we were worried that we might have some issues with our neighbours but we had no problems with noise at all after 10pm.

We didn't use the pool this visit or the fitness room. We did use the "business centre" which was nice to have to print off some information we needed. Everything we needed was there.

We left before breakfast opened but coffee, tea and cookies were always available.

Another great stay! Will likely stay here again next time we are travelling this way!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kelli99
Hello,

We are always glad to hear from our repeat guest and thank you for choosing to stay with us again. If we can do anything for you in the future please give us a call. Until next time, have a great day.

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way home from down south and had a very comfortable, easy stay.

Our check-in was very smooth and I love that you can check in at 3pm, which is nice and early, in my opinion. The price is right here-- you can stay at an equally nice Country Inn and Suites 45 minutes north, but this one is much more inexpensive because it's not next to Tamarack like the one north of it. Luckily, there are plenty of restaurants. We had our choice of Cracker Barrel, Applebee's, a buffet, or fast foods. Lots of choices nearby for food.

Our room was very nice and spacious, with a little kitchenette area (no sink, but fridge and microwave) because it was a suite. The suite had a door to close off the living area, which was great, and the common areas of the hotel were very clean and nice. The pool is on the small side but was very clean, as was the hot tub. There is a very nice fitness center as well as a business center. Free cookies and coffee in the lobby, too. We had a very quiet night's sleep.

In the morning, we went for breakfast around 7:30 and while the breakfast room was crowded, the food was hot and very tasty, with lots of choices. Check-out was easy and quick at 12pm. No complaints about this hotel except that I wish the breakfast room was bigger. We stayed on a Friday, though, so it was probably more crowded because of that. Great customer service from the lobby staff and very friendly, cheerful employees. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All suites (not studios, just suites) have doors to close off the living area, the front desk told u...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank teacherjess
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello,

We want to thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites/Princeton WV. We also are glad that you were able to enjoying staying in one of our suites and hope you will return again soon for an even longer stay. Thank you and have a great day.

NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Do not stay here if you value security or your property when traveling.
I stayed here Fourth of July weekend 2013 and when I went out to my car there were beer cans on my car. I got beer on me and my car when I cleaned them off. When I talked to the office (Tonya) they said there was nothing they could do there was no manager on duty and they do not have security. They also couldn’t get a manager (Gerard Caron), or regional manager, or customer service on the phone because it was Sunday.
When I complained to the Carlton Group thru customer service they said each Country Inn was independently owned and there was nothing they could do – except give me a $25 dollar gift certificate to stay again! They said the manager would call. After a week when I called back they had closed the issue! I had them reopen and I’m still waiting for a call from Mr. Caron.
The room was OK, but there are better places in the area. We stayed at the Hampton down the road; great stay - good rooms, no issues with security, better location, and better price (backed by Hilton not the Carlton group).
I’ve waited long enough for a response. It’s just poor customer service all the way around I won’t be staying at Country Inn and Suites again and definitely not this specific one. This one makes the entire industry look bad and the service from Carlton and the lack of control they have over their location is pitiful. If you value security and customer service when things go wrong – don’t stay at this location and don’t choose a Carlton group hotel.

Dan from NC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dan D
Hello Dan,

I have read your post and I am sorry that you feel this way. From your post you found nothing wrong with the accomodations of the hotel (room,breakfast,staff) just the fact that you found a beer can on your car. We have discussed this already and my staff and I apologized to you for finding a beer can on your car but there was no damage to your car or to you except for the fact I believe you spilled some beer on you while throwing the can away. Again we apologize, however you wanted us to comp your night here at the hotel not because of your stay but because someone left a beer can on your car and we were unable to provide that to you, therefore you were upset with us which we do not find this situation to warrant a free night stay. I understand that Carlson provided you with a $25.00 gift certificate for your dissatisfaction again for finding a beer can on your car. We hope you will use this to stay at a Country Inn again in the future. Thank you and have a great day.

Cedar Springs, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights for a family reunion (lily family-worlds largest). The hotel was easy to get to. Close to walmart, restaurants and shopping. Breakfast was good and kept well stocked. Cookies were yummy and always available. We had a dble suie which was clean and well maintained. It even had a door between the rooms. Pool was warm and clean.

the staff were friendly and very helpful. I can wait til next year to stay

• Stayed August 2013
Hello,

We are so glad you stayed with us during your family reunion. We hope you will return again soon when passing through. Have a great day.

New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Always stay here when making the trip north from NC to Indiana. It's convenient to everything and the staff is great. Located right off the interstate. It's an excellent value, and their breakfast's are outstanding. Don't miss this one! And added bonus is the indoor pool. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne Z
Hello,

We are so glad that you choose to stay with us on your trips from Indiana. We hope that you will return again soon and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know.

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was absolutely the nicest hotel . I have ever stayed at . My husband is in A Wheel Chair and they were so nice to him and did not make him feel like he was a second class citizen. The staff was very pleasant . the breakfast was great. We will try very hard to stay here again.

Room Tip: Back part of motel is very quite
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Susan H
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites in Princeton WV. We strive to make every guest stay a great one and look forward to seeing you again soon.