“Not very impressed”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
charlotte,nc
“Not very impressed”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My mother, 2 nephews and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for one night. We stayed at this hotel based on the reviews on this site. Unfortunately, our overall experience was not stellar, and I wouldn't recommend this hotel. The Hampton Inn is right down the highway in a very convenient location, on the "restaurants side" of Interstate 77. I've stayed there before and enjoyed my stay. But, here is my review of Country Inn & Suites:

Pros: Large clean rooms, relatively quiet, comfortable beds, large bathroom, free cookies.

Cons: Upon check in I had asked for extra towels, anticipating that my two nephews would be able to enjoy a swim in the indoor pool. The desk clerk said that they could only give us two extra towels and if we wanted more then we could "turn in a couple of used ones" and get more. I've never stayed in a hotel that asked that of their guests before. We ended up not needing them anyway as the pool was so over crowded that the kids couldn't even get in the pool - both the evening that we checked in and the next morning. Next, our keys didn't work in the door, so I went back down to have them reprogrammed. The front desk clerk said "That's just our standard procedure". Does that mean that every guest had to come back to the desk once they've gotten their keys and gone to their room? I sure hope not - since my Mom, nephews, and our bags were left waiting in the hall until I returned. The morning breakfast was a fiasco - no place to sit anywhere because we tried to find a place to just sit and wait our turn. People were everywhere trying to get to the food, which wasn't being restocked very well. We were going to just get drinks and go back to our room and wait, but we couldn't find any coffee at either coffee station, so we gave up. It was so uncomfortable that we left and went to Cracker Barrel to eat. It appears that the hotel staff, the lobby and the dining area aren't at all suited for or prepared to handle large groups of people. That is very unfortunate for a hotel.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Upon reading the guest complaint the General Manager would like to apologize that the guest feels their stay was not satisfactory. Regarding the towels at check in. Towels are furnished at the pool so therefore there is not a need to take your room towels to the pool. In regards to breakfast being busy. The hotel was completely sold out the night before and has a limited amount of seating in the breakfast area. We do provide trays so our guest may go back to their room and enjoy breakfast at the table that is provided in your room along with additional seating in your room for these busy days. Our hotel is a very popular spot in Princeton since we are the newest hotel on the exit. We do stay busy but strive to meet every guests needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Toronto
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Close to the Interstate, this hotel is brand new. The room was clean and the complimentary breakfast was substantial, including the ubiquitous waffle machine and cheese omelets

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stayed one night during our traveling back from Florida. Very nice, clean hotel. Will be back. Nice breakfast in the AM too.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We stayed here on a baseball trip to Concord University. This was a wonderful place to stay and they treated us very well. We would stay there again with no problem.

• Stayed February 2011
ATLANTA
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This is the first time I have stayed at a Country Inn & Suites. After reading the positive reviews on T/A I decided to give it a try. Check in was a breeze. Dawn at the front desk was very nice and made me feel like a welcomed guest. The room was large and well appointed. The bedding was very comfortable. The breakfast area was well maintained and had a good selection of items. The indoor pool looked inviting, although, I didn't have time to use it.

One day, I was not feeling well and asked to have my room cleaned last. Later I came downstairs and told Barbara, at the front desk, the room was available for cleaning. It seemed like only thirty minutes later that Barbara found me in the business center. She said the room was ready if I wanted to rest. The next day I was in the business center again when Barbara came by and asked how I was feeling. I said much better after my day of rest. She said some hot tea may help me feel better. Soon she came back with a cup of hot tea with lemon and honey...very soothing. The level of service I received at this hotel was amazing. If all Country Inn & Suites are as nice and provide the service level of this location, I will be a loyal customer of this chain.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank USGOVAGENT
Biscoe, NC
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Country Inn & Suites. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The bathroom was clean. There were many young people staying at this hotel and they were loud. Room doors opening and closing late into the night, very irritating. Continental breakfast on Sunday was horrilbe. I understand there were many guests but they should have been prepared. They ran out of loaf bread, biscuits, coffee (had to ask to have more coffee made) and cereal among other items.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrews50
Columbus, OH
Reviewed December 17, 2010

This hotel is new, kept very clean and well maintained. It is in a great location, off by itself so is very quiet I requested the top floor and had a very restful sleep. The beds are some of the most comfortable I have slept in and the room was spacious. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a lot of variety, was filling, and tasted good. The AAA rate at $89 + tax was a great value. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2010