“Come for the service Stay for the showers”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Columbus, OH
“Come for the service Stay for the showers”
Reviewed June 8, 2008

Great location. Cool pool. Sweet doorless showers are fun for all.

• Liked — showers
  • Disliked — air conditioning, no front door
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Stayed at the Sleep Inn recently for some overnight business in the Princeton area. Had a rate of $72 for the night. Hotel appears to be newer than some of the surrounding hotels. I have previously stayed at the Hampton Inn in Princeton (which appeared to be undergoing some renovations). My room was perfectly acceptable. Staff was friendly and inside and outside areas were well kept and maintained. Breakfast bar was normal grains/cereals/waffle fare (although they did have boiled eggs). Inside pool and spa appeared to be clean and something kids would love. My room had a microwave and refrigerator. In room HBO. TV was nice and bathroom stocked with usual toiletries. Also noted a 10% discount with room key at Texas Steakhouse or Chili’s (both located nearby). My only drawback was no work-out room, but I did not make reservations. No business office either, but I did not need access to computer as I was just down there for the night (from Charleston, WV). All in all a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Irmo, South Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Stopped in for an overnight on our way to Pittsburgh, PA. It was clean, and right off the highway so convenient as well. The beds were comfortable enough and the linens were all fine. Bathroom was very small would be my only complaint. Breakfast was typical continental fare with juice, coffee bagels, waffles etc - same as you get anywhere else in a hotel of this type. I'll stay there again if I happen to be going that way again.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Silver Creek, NY
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We have traveled several times over the years through this area, and have never liked a hotel enough to stay there a second time. That all changed when we stayed at the Sleep Inn 5/26/07. The room was spotlessly clean, large, modern and had a microwave and a refrigerator in it. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. And, even though I had booked the room on-line about a week in advance for a price of $99., at check-in they allowed me to use one of those coupons you find in coupon books at rest stops which saved me $40. I didn't expect them to do that, because the fine print said it couldn't be used on holidays, and it was Memorial Day weekend. What a nice surprise! There was a nice breakfast in the morning, too, which was more extensive than the AAA guidebook had indicated. It was such a positive experience, that I took a business card from the front desk and intend to stay there everytime we pass through the area on our way from western NY to southern Georgia.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Nothing- no complaints
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2007

I reserved a room at this hotel for my friends and I while on a ski trip. While none of us expected a top-of-the-line hotel, we were all surprised at the lack of attention to customer service.

I reserved a suite (and paid quite a high price per night for this room) to accomodate the four of us. During the evening of our first night, we realized we were going to need additional pillows and another blanket since we required two beds and our room had one king sized bed and a sofa that pulled out into a bed. Two hours after we called the front desk asking for this, we called the front desk asking where these items were. We were curtly informed that "she was the only person working and we'd just have to come get them ourselves or wait a while longer". A few moments later (before we had time to get dressed and head three floors down) a maid showed up at our door with ONE blanket. When she was asked about the pillows, she replied "we don't have any other pillows--sorry". Therefore, we had two pillows for four people in our room. No apologies were offered.

Our first morning arrived, and we headed downstairs for the free breakfast, which wasn't too bad. As we were heading back to our rooms to shower and go skiing, we realized we needed more towels in our room. There were two housekeeping staff members in the hallway chatting, so I figured I'd just request the towels from them and save someone a trip to our room. I approached the staff members and said "excuse me ladies, can I please have four towels? We are out and all need to shower this morning". Both women looked at me as I was "interrupting" them and how dare I ask for a towel. One finally replied, "How many towels do you really need?"

Last, as we returned to our room on our last evening, we realized we needed more towels again. This time, we contacted the front desk. We were again rudely informed that "she was the only person working and we just have to come get the towels ourselves if we wanted them". We again headed to the front desk to pick up towels that should have been placed in our room in the first place. As we walked up to the front desk, I observed the front desk attendant standing there having a very involved personal conversation with several other hotel staff members. I found it very interesting that there were, in fact, several staff members working when we had just been informed "we'd just have to come get the towels ourselves since she wasn't working all alone".

I certainly do not expect to be waited on hand and foot when I'm at a hotel, but customer service should be a top priority. When a basic need such as a pillow cannot be supplied, compsensation and aplogies should be offered. It is unacceptable to pay what I paid for this room to sleep without a pillow.

Also, the Internet is NOT wireless--you have to check out a "bridge" from the front desk because we just couldn't connect to the wireless Internet from our particular room. The bathroom showers are VERY odd as there are no doors or curtains in the shower. Talk about a chilly shower.

Stayed February 2007
6 Thank ttrusselloh
D.C.
Reviewed December 6, 2006

I thought this place would be nicer than it was, the lobby was nice and the breakfast was good, the people were nice, the only trouble was the room. It was a nice size an all that, but the linens were smelly and kind of old. I had to throw the bedspread aside because it smelled like b.o. All in all, I'd skip it the next time.

• Tips/Secrets — skip it
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank telie13
Niagara, Ontario
Reviewed December 16, 2005

We stayed at this motel on the way to Myrtle Beach in Nov. 2005. It was very easy to get to from the highway. Staff were friendly and the hotel was clean and comfortable. Although we did not use it, there was a small indoor pool that looked like those using it were enjoying it. We would definitely make this our half-way stop again next year.

• Stayed November 2005