“Great stay! Would definitely stay again!”
Review of The Lowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant
The Lowe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Pleasant
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during the Mothman Festival. It was booked to capacity with ghost tours being held throughout the day. The owner and his wife were wonderful, wonderful hosts who are really in love with the history of the hotel and its town. The hotel appears to be a little 'dated' but that is all a part of it. If they upgraded everything to modern amenities it would lose its 'charm'. We enjoyed it the way that it was and will no doubt stay again if and when we go back to the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vermonter16

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I decided to get away from the DC area this past week to tour the Metro Valley of West Virginia. We decide to stay a couple nights at the Lowe Hotel to check out the antique shops in the area and across the river in Ohio. The owners, Rush and Ruth, were very friendly telling us about the history of the hotel and the town. They also run a bar located on the first floor of the hotel which the town locals congregrate in the evenings (think episode of "Cheers") for drinks and conversation.
Now, by "historic" and "a step back in time" like some of the other reviews, the rooms do need some minor touch ups in paint, moulding, and plumbing, however, I feel this is what adds to the experience. I enjoyed it very much. If you get scared easily by the sounds of banging water pipes pumping hot water into the floor heater as the boiler comes alive early in the morning, you may want to move on. It is not ghosts as some past guests have reported.
My wife and I look forward to coming back to this hotel for another stay and buying a round for the locals at the bar.

Room Tip: My wife picked one of the jacuzzi rooms for our stay. We had a great time soaking in bubbles after...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glockconion
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would just like to say...The Lowe Hotel was simply beautiful. It was a step back in time. The hotel was decorated for Christmas with all the trimmings of an old fashioned holiday. A group of us went down last weekend and had a fantastic night. The owners were very friendly and courteous. We all enjoyed talking with them. They shared the history of the hotel which was simply awesome. I would recommend to anyone to spend an old fashioned weekend there. Not to mention the exciting ghostly sounds of the night. I can't wait to go back!!!!! The hotel is within walking distance to the beautifully painted flood wall on the Ohio river. It is a must see as well as all the shops.

Room Tip: We had a double room. There was plenty of room for 5 people and I slept like a baby... Each room has...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Was sight seeing in Point Pleasant, WV Walked into The Lowes Hotel I had once stayed there wanted to show my friends the wonderful historic building. There was a nice gentleman behind the counter, I asked if we could look around, he replied of course go right ahead. While walking through a VERY rude lady asked what we were doing, I explained we had asked to look around and was told it was ok. She proceeded to be rude yelling very loudly for a employee and telling us they were very busy cleaning we should leave. As we were making our way down the floors she found the employee she must have been yelling for she was very nasty and rude saying she could find someone else to work if she wasn't going to. She went to another lady there spoke about us and had her tell us to leave in so many words. I would highly recommend NOT to stay here if this lady is anyway a owner or is employed there. Shame really hope this lady doesn't bring this wonderful historic buliding down!

Room Tip: Stay some where else - till they fix their staff / owner problem
6  Thank LisaLB66
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I would like to confirm Ray & RoseDav review as we experienced same the following day.
We arrived approximately 8 pm Saturday night after attending Ohio U Homecoming in Athens.
Not only did Ruth and Rush greet us (2 couples) but their son took us to check out a number of rooms to satisfy our needs. We intended to stay on the Ohio side of the river but found out all motel rooms had been sold out due to the Bob Evans Farm Festival in Rio Grande.

After a good nights rest we ventured out to see the Ohio River and all the surroundings in the daylight. Boy were we suprised! Fantastic History lesson with all the statutes, floodwall murals,
riverfront amphitheater, Riverboat Museum and the MOTHMAN. This area is definitely a destination & not just a stop over. Remember this is history that you can relive and relax in a 110 year old hotel -THE LOWE with all its history of bygone days with no high tech influences.

By the way if you want good old fashion service and excellent food just walk two blocks up the
street and check out The Iron Gate Inn and dine in the House .

1  Thank RAAColumbus_Ohio
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our trip began Fri evening Oct. 12 around 11:00 PM. Rush, one of the owners was there to check us in. A very nice man, he struck up a conversation with us and shared some ideas that he thought might be of some interest about the area. We were given our room keys and went up to our rooms. Our room was very nice and clean. We had everything we would need for our stay, clean towels, bars of soap and shampoo. The bed was comfortable, the furnishings were nice. Ofcourse the building is older, but it is full of charm, there is something to enjoy around every corner.
Sat. morning there was fresh coffee in the lobby for us to enjoy before we set out on our adventure. We walked alond the river and looked at the painted pictures on the flood wall soo cool you gotta see them they tell a story about the history of the area. We saw where Cheif Cornstalks monument was and read a bit of history about him. We went to the River Boat Museum, you have to check it out well worth the $5.00 to get in, and you could be there for hours. We went to a shop across from the hotel on the corner we'll call it "Bob's Place" since he runs it. It has information about Mothman and photos taken by several people who think they caught a glimps of him. Bob told us of someplaces to explore while we were there, so we did. Enjoyed the whole day! We dined at the Iron Gate nice atmosphere.
When we returned to the hotel there was a woman sitting in the lobby this was Ruth the other owner of the hotel. she told us there was a bar in the Hotel and invited us to come in and have a drink. We had purchased cheese and grapes to nibble on in the upstairs sitting room, she told us to bring them, Ruth dissapeared for a moment and returned with a cutting board, knife and an apple. We purchased a drink and sat at the bar and talked for an hour or so, how nice was that?
The next morning we had to leave when we arrived at the front desk Ruth was there, she told us of the Art Gallery next door and invited us to view the paintings, pottery and stain glass. Just beautiful, I bought a kaleidoscope very excited, just love it! Rush and Ruth treated us like old friends instead of hotel guests. The kindness they showed will always be with us. Will try to get back for some of the special events Point Pleasant has. So check out the calendar of events and plan for a great stay at The Lowe Hotel, you will make memories to last a life time.
Thanks Rush and Ruth

Ray and Rose Peters NO. KY.

2  Thank RoseDav
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This past weekend my husband I decided to visit the Lowe Hotel again. We have many fond memories there. After drving several hours, we get to the hotel and carrying in several bags, coffee pot (our room never had one or tissues, light bulbs for the many lamps in the room) we went to the front desk and no one was there. We rang the bell 3 times, still no one answered. I called long distance even tho I was sitting in the lobby, just to get someone to answer. Still nothing. Another family came in and they too could not get ahold of anyone. I thought how rare that a hotel would just leave its doors open and no one around anywhere. We checked upstairs, the restaurant, outsde,on each floor and no one anywhere. By this time a half an hour went by. So I thought go look at our room. My husband went upstairs and the door was opened.We left our luggage in the room and left. Three hours later after touring the town we went back to the hotel to find no one there. Another famly was waiting. Finally a lady appeared and said she had fallen sleep for an hour
. I showed her my cell phone where I called there 3 hours before and no one answered. All I wanted to do was pay for my room and get in it. I was tired of just sittng in the lobby. Then I found out that all the rooms was unlocked anyway. Boy was I shocked. Then we got these people who came into the room next to us, who was very loud , door banging, drinking, etc..Thank God we did get some sleep that night, This visit was supposed to be a mini vacation that would last for another 6 ,months. Rest and relaxation was all I wanted/ We had no tissues, towels, light bulbs all burned out including the one in the celing.and no coffee pot,. Thank goodness we had brought one.This was rare for the hotel, but no one at all in the hotel to wait on you was not acceptable..We had food left in the refrigerator, and can food left on the tv.It was discusting..The hotel is too beautiful to be left in such a mess. we found other rooms not straightened up even after a week. Beds was half made, food left in the refrigertor. Pillows a mess on the couchs a one itty bitty bar of soap.

Room Tip: Bring your own things. There is no pool and no restaurant , no coffee, tissues , light bulbs, soap...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley

Been to The Lowe Hotel? Share your experiences!