“Nice!”
Review of The Lowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant
The Lowe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Pleasant
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nice!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Lovely Old Hotel! Loved the decor. Very cozy feeling. Wonderful antiques. Very friendly staff. Great location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Youngstown, OH
Reviewed January 30, 2012

As a history buff.... I find this hotel to be absolutely A+...I've stayed here several times and have had some wonderful and amazing experiences, Yes..the accommodations are not 21st century..but, then again...that:s why I'm here. My friend and I have been guests here for several visits over the last few years...and I'm always looking forward to a return visit. The staff may be quirky...but they've always been very warm and accommodating. Point Pleasant is a fabulous place to visit, and the townspeople couldn't be more gracious.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank steveb475229
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I would recommend atleast 1 night. This building is amazing. Check it out. There are not many places this neat left out there.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Red4crayon
Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This place was awesome! I've stayed in many old historical hotels but this one was my favorite. It seemed to be preserved quite well. Just walking around the hotel and looking at everything was enjoyable. Our room was very spacious and everything was comfortable enough. If I lived closer, I'd stay more often. The owners/staff were very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel if you enjoy history, small towns, interesting stories from locals (mainly the Mothman and UFO's!)

Room Tip: They all looked good. Very few people were staying while I was there so I was able to look in all o...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank GMJ555
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We, myself and my husband stayed recently for several days, just on vacation.Actually this is our third visit to the hotel. I found nothing of the sort going on as some of the bad writters had written . We stayed in a suite and was very comfortable. As far as food goes, down the street is a restaurant called "Downtowner". Good food and at reasonable prices. Hotel was very quiet and everyone seemed to be very nice to us. Sometimes alittle forgetful but really nice.We had plenty of towels, shampoo, no kleenex, and lots of hot water to soak the old tired body in. It was like being in the 50's all the time we was there. We visted all the hot spots and took many pictures. The hotel is beautiful inside and yes we did find that there is ghost there. Alot of orbs came up in many of the pictures. But that does not bother us. Across the Ohio River is Gallipolis Ohio and of course a Walmart, Bob Evans, Kmarts, and plenty of fast food to suite anybodys needs. I had a fantastic visit and did not want to go back to work. Our visit was over Christmas holidays. I loved how quiet it was and clean too.Again, everyone was very nice to my husband and I and that made our trip very enjoyable. I will defenitaley.will be going back for the 4th time.And by the way, we was never locked out of the hotel, and came and went as we felt to do so. . The town at times seems odd but that added to the charm of being back in the 50's. Point Plesant has alot of history to it, some good, some bad. I would highly recommend to spend time there.

Room Tip: Book in advance and get the size that fits the group
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Emily S
Girard, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Loved this hotel, right in the center of Point Pleasant and very nostalgic. We spent a couple days there on our honeymoon and were very impressed and pleased with the arrangements and our suite. We had read it was haunted after we booked our room, but when we were there there wasn't anything going on out of the ordinary and I was hoping to see or hear something unusual. We will return again in the future and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maryann P
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife had urged me for a long time to take her here. We live near kittanning were the mothman movie was filmed whiched sparked our interest. This town does not function like what we see now a days in main stream america. First we were able to make our reservations over the phone without a credit card. Second cool thing we noticed was that the shops in town dont post hours, owners just show up around certain times and close whenever. As for the hotel itself I found it to be awesome. High ceilings, places to roam, stairways that lead to nowhere. To me I felt like as if I was back in the 1950's. The service was great and the beds are extremely comfortable. And I do mean more comfortable than any chain motel you will find. This is a nice little place to take an inexpensive vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms our different they are very reasonable $60 is what we paid. We wanted a Jacuzzi room which...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley

Been to The Lowe Hotel? Share your experiences!