“Eh, it was okay”
Review of The Iron Gate Grille - CLOSED

The Iron Gate Grille
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Friday around 630 and it was dead. Menu was a little pricey. I ordered the club which wasn't that good. The bread they give you was good and the fries are good. Probably not somewhere ill hurry back to. I will say that it was clean and the workers were friendly.

1  Thank Holly W

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Iron Gate is one of those old taverns with a tin or copper ceiling (our server didn't know exactly but he did know it was 102 years old), wonderful smooshy booths and lots of interesting pictures and stuff on the walls. Our waiter was a cutie, very funny and personable, and my mom got a really good Manhattan, which not many people know how to do well so the bartender, Debbie, obviously knew her stuff. The food was good, not gourment or anything but tasty. We both got the Prime Rib. Granted it came out about half an inch thick and we joked that it was really fried possum but I blame my mom for that since she specified that she wanted hers "medium rare." With prime rib you just have to take it as it comes because it's a big old hunk of meat, they can't pop it back in the oven for one guest. But the same goes for parents, you just have to take them as they are, my mom is 72 and she's going to go on ordering medium rare Prime Rib til the day she dies so I just have to remember to order something else when I'm with her. We figured they just threw it in the frying pan but heck, I would have done the same thing. They have seating out on the patio too but the country music was kind of loud out there and we had already spotted those cushy booths so we elected to stay inside and we loved it. We had a very tasty meal. Word to the wise, my average Chardonnay was 6.95 per glass!! Coff coff!! My mom's Manhattan was only 5 bucks. So if you aren't sure what you want to drink, ask the price!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Lucked into this place when my husband said follow the Little Old Ladies. We were there for lunch.
Full bar. Unusually wide selection of beers. Owner said they have many tourists(the Mothman's home, don't you know).We both had Monte Cristoes. Delisous. More like French bread with ham, cheese , turkey, and thousand island dressing. Uniquely, confectioner's sugar was sprinkled was on top. Dessert was chocolate cake, like a volcano with whipped cream and small scoops of ice cream. This was far better than I expected.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Iron Gate is just a quick walk down the street from the Lowe Hotel where we stayed. The waiter and waitress were very friendly and attentive. Our dinner was excellent, and homemade chocolate cake for dessert was amazing.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a cool little restaurant! I love that it is in a building that dates back to the late 1800's and has a lot of cool history on the walls and decor. We went in for a late lunch/ early dinner and selected from the lunch menu. The service was fast and friendly. The food was very good but the price was excellent! If you are in town, do yourself a favor and stop by to eat at this place.

1  Thank AdventureMythsJon