“Prime Rib dinner”
Review of The Iron Gate Grille - CLOSED

The Iron Gate Grille
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Cozy little restaurant; Sought it out after overhearing others talking about it; menu a bit pricey, but advertised special of prime rib or fish was $10; order medium rare and you get medium rare. Located on Main St., most parking hidden behind Restaurant.

1  Thank MeetMeInTn

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nice atmosphere and good food. Folks stayed open a little longer for us. Very nice. Will dine there again.

1  Thank RoseDav
Reviewed January 26, 2013

There are only two restuarants in Point Pleasant open in the evenings (excluding McDonalds and Domino's Pizza) if you want to sit down and dine. The Iron Gate Grille is a couple of blocks walking distance from the Lowe hotel on Main street. Both nights we were staying at the hotel we had dinner at Iron Gate Grille. The atmosphere was comfortable, the service was excellent, and the food was just as good. The rib platter I orderd the first night was so good, I had to take the rest of it to the hotel and ended up finishing it the next morning. Then after a day touring the Metro Area around Point Pleasant, my wife and I came back for another round of delicious ribs. next time I am going to order one of their famous burgers everyone talks about.

1  Thank Glockconion
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice atomsphere, plenty of TV's for those who like sports, food good. Walking distance from The Lowe Hotel

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is the third time I've been to the Iron Gate Grille and while I have enjoyed each time, I've left with some frustration at the way this place is managed. We were visiting Point Pleasant for the annual Mothman Festival and decided to stop in for a late lunch and some of their "Mothman Sour" drinks. Each time I have been here service has been painfully slow, but the waitstaff was always very friendly and seemingly eager to please. The food was good, both my girlfriend and I had the Mothman Burger with fries, and our friends and I ordered several pitchers of booze. The restaurant was busy, but not overwhelmingly so, but the service was again very slow and we had to go inside to ask about drinks and food several times to make sure our orders hadn't been lost. When our bill came we had sticker shock before we noticed that we had been overcharged for 2 extra pitchers of drinks that we didn't have. After getting this settled with the server we left content. The place is enjoyable, the staff has always been very nice to us, and I always like to stop in and visit when we are around Point Pleasant since it's really one of the only nice sit down eateries in the area, but this place could DEFINITELY benefit from new management.