This state park has lots for famiies - 18 hole golf, par 3 golf, miniature golf, swimming (indoors and out), tennis, hiking, horse back riding, winter sports (skiing and ice skating) for a reasonable price.
The McKeever lodge requires no tram ride and is spacious and clean. The stafr are very friendly. In the lodge is a snack bar (burgers, dogs, grilled chicken sandwich, pizza, fries, taco salad soft drinks and ice cream) for very reasonable prices (burgers start at $2.50). A restaurant offers fancier fare for a little more ($12.99 up for entrees). The bed is comfortable.
Views from the public rooms in the lodge were very pretty. There was no bar, so we made drinks in the room and took them to the lounge for a beautiful sunset cocktail hour.
The only real problem we encountered is lighting in the room. I had to take the shade off the lamp to be able to read This is not minor, but you can live with it.
We played par 3 golf - fun, but be forewarned: this is no easy course, It is long, and hilly. The deer we saw enhanced the experience however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem