We stayed in the Mountain Creek Lodge at the bottom of the mountain. There is an aerial tram to take you to the bottom. The food in the Mountain Creek Restaurant is excellent. I wish they served breakfast. We rode the tram up to McKeever lodge for breakfast - fairly ordinary food on the breakfast buffet and since we don't eat all that much, we ordered from the menu for about half the price of the buffet (which was not unreasonably priced at all.) I can't say enough good things about the service and food at the Mountain Creek Lodge, though. We ate there four nights and everything was wonderful. We wanted to play both the short and long golf courses but since it rained one day, we only played the long course. Scenic views and deer everywhere. The course itself was fine. (If you're really picky about turf you might get upset that there's clover growing in some of the fairways - but it's still lush and easy to hit the ball. No dead spots anywhere.) Food in Mulligans (at the golf course) wasn't fantastic but then again it's a golf course snack bar. We'd definitely go back here again. We had trouble with the wifi and they were never able to fix it so we had to go to the restaurant or up to the main lodge to get our stuff to work. But that's the only draw back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Pipestem Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem