Skyline Resort(Ghent)(Great Value!)
Turnpike Motel(Princeton)(Great Value!)
$59
$121
$110
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsstate parkhorseback ridingmckeever lodgepipestem resortmountain creekgolf coursenature centerhiking trailsindoor poolwest virginiathe main lodgebluestone dining roomgorge view roomsaw deergift shoprelaxing place to staybit dated
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The resort is outdated and needs to be renovated. We had no air in our room. However, the scenery and activities are awesome. My son loved the horseback riding and paddle boats. Also there are a lot of playgrounds on the property along with games, a huge outdoor pool, golf course, and mini golf. The indoor pool is super warm and clean! The restaurant had great food but it needed to be updated in decorations. The hotel is also confusing with multiple levels and hallways that don't have signs of where things are at. I will stay here again because of the outdoor perks. I hope to see it updated soon.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My children went out to the balcony to see the view and received several dozen splinters for it. The balcony and the respective 'safety' rail was made of rotten/dry rotted wood. I spent the first hour of my visit pulling splinters. Needless to say, that sent me in a bad mood for a while. I began noticing a lot of out dated stuff at that point. Leaky ceiling, lose bathroom fixtures, inoperable games/game room. A reduced price might make up for some this. Mix this with very small accommodations and you have a two star joint at best.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at the Mountain Creek Lodge at the bottom of the gorge, 1000+ feet from the rim on the Bluestone River, for 3 nights. This was a very unique and memorable experience. The tram ride up and down was a big part of the fun of staying here and I recommend it to those looking to get away from the main lodge hubbub (not that it seemed loud or crazy) but this was a true get-away. The rooms are old-ish but completely acceptable. The walls are very thin though and you can hear movement and voices but muffled. We ate at the main lodge a couple times. The service was very friendly but a bit slow and the food was OK. We had a good time at Brandon's for dinner, which is just outside of the park entrance. The cottages looked really interesting and we'd likely try those next time just for a different experience. Highly recommend the Farley Loop trail as it was an all around great hike! Kudos to the guys running the trams! They were unfailingly polite, helpful, and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed in a cabin for two nights and in the lodge for another two nights. We were not disappointed with the price at all. The cabin price was reduced and the lodge was half off, since it was still their off season.

The cabin was nestled in the back of the group, so we had more peace and less traffic around us. The outside looks like a pod building, with fairly generic design elements, but the inside looks and feels like a cabin. It was well-equipped for our family, and there was plenty of cut firewood available on a rack outside. Simple fun!

The lodge room was a bit smaller than anticipated, but the view more than makes up for any disappointment. We were overlooking the valley, and there were deer everywhere. It snowed while we were there, so we had a fantastic view of mother nature's wonder. We were on the same floor as the pool and game room (great for family ease), so that made it really easy to make the most of their facilities while it was snowing outdoors.

We hiked around the lake, visited the nature center, played putt-putt (free during a special) and had a blast exploring other nearby parks. They have a couple of different gift shops with some great souvenirs (some you'll want to keep for yourself) at great prices. The dining available is good, too.

We plan to return!!!

Room Tip: Our cabin was nestled in the back of the grouping - I recommend asking to be away from the main road for more peace and less traffic. Our lodge room was facing the valley - get as high as you can for the best views. The lobby is not on the 1st floor, since the building is on the side of the hill. Traveling with a family? I recommend asking for the floor where the pool and playroom are located. On a romantic getaway or want peace and quiet - ask to NOT be on the same floor as the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Was at the McKeever Lodge for two nights for a family reunion. Plenty to do at Park, great small towns to visit. However, the cook needs to be let go!! The food was terrible and overpriced!!! Either the food had no taste or it was over seasoned that you couldn't eat it. I had the breakfast buffet one morning and I thought no one could mess up breakfast food but they did. Also, the evening meal was terrible. I got a slice of roast beef and it was mushy. my last night there I decided to order off the menu and ordered the meatloaf. I don't know what I got but it wasn't very good. I could only eat two bites and I went back on seconds to the salad bar. So, I paid $18.00 for two plates of salad.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family