We stayed in McKeever and had a room with a great view of the gorge through a full wall of windows and balcony. Beds were not the most comfortable but rooms were clean and well kept. Food was expensive and not all that great at the Lodge. (we took our own breakfast and lunch foods) We did eat at Mountain Creek at the bottom of the gorge (rode a tram down) and that food was excellent...just pricey. The lodge is beautiful with heated swimming pool, game room, reading room and gorgeous views. We felt that the room cost was reasonable. Staff was friendly and helpful. We did a lot of hiking on the many trails all around the park. Deer were abundant but we also saw a fox and bald eagles. This is a place to come and enjoy outdoor activities or else just sit and relax and enjoy nature. At night the sky is filled with stars if you get away from the lodge. One other thing, if you are a light sleeper, bring a white noise machine or ear plugs as doors slamming in the halls can be quite loud.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem